Collectica/Phillips for real or just another [problem]?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

My first post, I'm grateful for the website and all the valuable contributions made toward it by the community. I've already had a lot of what I wanted to ask answered already through reading :smile:

I have had a similar recent encounter with Collectica who have clearly operated using foul practise. All the usual intimidation tactics of a [problem] company that seem to do the rounds every so often whether it be parking fines or whatever. Something doesn't seem right

Here's what I understand about this company so far. Bizarrely it's owned by Serco, and allegedly one of the directors has a peerage which when putting the pieces together is a little worrying really isn't it.

I had a dispute with the courts over a fare and wrote to them on two occasions. In one instance the clerk agreed to suspend the case for a month to allow me to send letters back in as they had wrong address. The letters were ignored and the severity of the situation continued to increase until more recently they have passed the debt on to Connectica. Now Connectica use the same tired old familiar routine combined with loads of heavy threats in their initial communication to me. They're chasing this same debt that I was non-the wiser had escalated in the first place as technically it was in dispute, but their letter page is riddled with inconsistencies and lack of specifics.

Has anyone actually had a run in with a Collectica debt collector yet?

All our dates seem similar, they're a recent operation and hungry for our hard earned money, no doubt they'll be hoping for gullible mugs to pay first time round. Anyone still riding there demands out? How much has it risen to? Someone posted on here the max they can blag is £300?

Above all else. THIS STINKS. The circumstances in not only mine, but everyone's case I've read so far are utterly unreasonable and this needs to go to Watchdog, or Moneybox Extra on R4 for further exposure....anyone else interested in blowing the lid on this government endorsed operation before someone gets hurt.

Any thoughts or experiences welcome.

Kind regards,

Jc

what are they chasing please?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what are they chasing please?

dx

As stated. They're chasing a case over an unpaid fare.

I think I will start gathering my case together, seek solicitors advice and take this to court.

Alfie000........they have traced me at previously known address's too which technically means they can try and enter there after such and such a time if I let this rack up?

I am going to contact the courts today and start paying this off. Having read the other posters experiences this will make little odds to Collectica who will continue to chase there side of it, no doubt they will call round and slip another letter through.

One thing that I thought was iffy about a call I made to Collectica was that they were very aggressive toward obtaining my contact telephone number. The courts had this from previous correspondence, but Collectica didn't. I believe this company might be using abusing their powers in terms of how they are initiating these cases on behalf of the courts. I think Collectica are either buying these debts or similar but theres no way they wouldn't have had my full details if this was official court business as the courts clearly have all my contact details as I say.

blame the courts for the "wrong" infomation on the case

the courts would of passed the infomation to collectica

the fees are correct as per courts guidence

the visits have been made to enforce the warrant, your in the "trace" mode, thats why they are going to diff addresses for you as you obviously didnt let the courts know a change of address

on the call center practices, they will be the same as all other bailiff companys

as a foot note, i suggest you at least try to pay some of your fines,

the courts will eventually issue a warrant of commital for you if you continue to ignor court orders

Just like buying a car they have come in given it the once over ie gone over the books.

Seen the earning potential and bought it.

They will replace a couple of the top people to keep an eye on things.

Then they will hang Philips out to dry.

For eg if PhIlips have a contract with Toytown to collect the c/tax,

Serco will come in with a slightly lower bid next time.

Philips like a bad dept will be sold on in the near future minus a few million.

Dont expect Serco to improve Philips behaviour just there to collect the profits strictly hands off.

Hence no name change to Serco .

• 7 months later...

Dear Leann I had a 336 tram fine... i have since paid this but i am bringing them down I have just sent this letter!!

Dear Sirs,

first of, i know i wont receive a response to this as I never do unless its a door step warrant..

I have just finished paying your firm a fine of £336 plus countless debit card charges for making weekly payments! and I would like to say I have never in my life dealt with a company full of bully's, since paying this fine on a weekly basis since Feb 2013 I have had to live in poverty, faced starvation due to trying to meet your demands (do you have any idea what starvation is like) I have suffered depression due to your staff and even self harmed and contemplated SUICIDE yes that's right SUICIDE due to the treatment of your so called highly trained collections staff (highly trained in bullying people).

This is a Quote from your website "Talk to us in confidence. Collectica’s staff provide a professional and understanding service that will enable the debtor to service the debt whilst taking full consideration of their financial circumstances and current situation. We deal with every case in the strictest confidence and actively encourage debtors to discuss their case with us to find a mutually acceptable arrangement." I wish this was the case with your company.. I have had so many issues I have repeatedly asked for letters confirming my payment plan (never arrived just warrants even thou I was maintaining payments whilst on a plan) never allowed to speak to a manager.. oh and still not revived a letter confirming that my balance is paid and cleared which I would like..

I will not allow your company to destroy someone's life, marriage, mental state or even push someone to take their life! I am more then happy to take pictures of the scars that I have on my arms and send them to you as a result of dealing with your collectors on the phone, and I am also more then happy to send a copy of this to the courts service and also CIVEA whom you are regulated by,

I would like someone to contact me within 24 hours so that's by 8 am on Friday 22nd August 2013 before I take this matter further, and trust me I will make every authority that you deal with clear how you treat people and how you BULLY, SCARE and force people to poverty...

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

jayjay

Dont worry Leann their bully boy days will be short lived.... xx

Edited by citizenB
removed personal details

jayjay, hi and welcome to the forums, bailiff companies get letters like your's all the time, please dont be disheartened if they do not respond, If you wish to make a complaint, then I suggest you make it via their complaints department.

However they will only act if they have broken a regulation etc. They dont really care about your mental state of health, their response would be that you should of taken care of it before it got to the bailiff stage.

Who were responsible for sending out the bailiffs, was it a council ?

If you would like any help with this matter, can I suggest you start a thread of your own please :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys here is an updsate for you,

I have had a massive run in with collectoca,

I have found a whistle blowing email addy for Serco that owns collectica to which I have sent an e-mail with a letter attached that i sent to collectica,

to wich collecticas reply was...

"i dont really care you owed US money"

hmm no i owed teh courts money u was just the heavys

here is the letter that I sent to Serco..

. have fun reading,

this is a genuine letter which is how Collecta made me feel....

Dear Sirs,

Your ref: ########

first of, i know i won’t receive a response to this as I never do unless it’s a door step warrant..

I have just finished paying your firm a fine of £336 plus countless debit card charges for making weekly payments!

and I would like to say I have never in my life dealt with a company full of bully's,

since paying this fine on a weekly basis since Feb 2013 I have had to live in poverty,

faced starvation due to trying to meet your demands (do you have any idea what starvation is like?)

I have suffered depression due to your staff and even self harmed and contemplated SUICIDE yes that's right SUICIDE

due to the treatment of your so called highly trained collections staff (highly trained in bullying people)

I have never in my life felt so low, so degraded and scared every day that someone will attend my property and take what little I have in this life.

I have had staff laugh at me,

block my every request to speak to a manager to get assistance in helping me pay this,

I have had to struggle and fight just to get a payment plan because I have a low income and other bills and debts to pay

but I have been scared and bullied into paying more then i can afford which meant for 8 months i lived life in poverty

having to beg for money off my family just to be able to eat (do any of you know what that is like? How degrading that is?)

Even on a payment plan i was receiving distress warrants and when i called in total distress and despair

I was told that i wasn’t on a payment plan and i had defaulted and to expect a door step visit from your bailiffs to seize goods! And then have the call terminated.

Do you have any idea what that fear causes to people??

If you could just stop for a moment and think what that could actually do to someone!!

Well you did it to me I self harmed I considered taking my own life because of your staff,

I hope your happy and satisfied knowing that every time i look at myself i see scars,

knowing that every summer i can’t wear a t-shirt because of the scars

that every time i meet someone i have to explain why I cannot get undressed or take a top off in bed...

Yes i got angry with your staff

yes I shouted and screamed only jsut to try and be heard and because i was so frightened of your company

and your staff, even to this day It hurts me and upsets me to know that what you did to me YOUR company are doing to others on a daily basis......

This is a Quote from your website

"Talk to us in confidence. Collectica’s staff provide a professional and understanding service that will enable the debtor to service the debt

whilst taking full consideration of their financial circumstances and current situation.

We deal with every case in the strictest confidence and actively encourage debtors to discuss their case with us to find a mutually acceptable arrangement."

I wish this was the case with your company..

I have had so many issues I have repeatedly asked for letters confirming my payment plan

(never arrived just warrants even thou I was maintaining payments whilst on a plan)

never allowed to speak to a manager..

oh and still not revived a letter confirming that my balance is paid and cleared which I would like..

I will not allow your company to destroy someone's life, marriage, mental state or even push someone to take their life!

I am more than happy to take pictures of the scars that I have on my arms and send them to you as a result of dealing with your collectors on the phone,

and I am also more than happy to send a copy of this to the courts service and also CIVEA whom you are regulated by,

I would like someone to contact me within 24 hours so that's by 8 am on Friday 22nd August 2013 before I take this matter further, and trust me I will make every authority that you deal with clear how you treat people and how you BULLY, SCARE and force people to poverty...

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

I take it you are the starter of this thread but forgot you old username?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...