Jump to content


Ex Employer Stolen My Tax Rebate

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2464 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

hi guys just wondering if anyone else has come across my problem


For 3 months i worked for a company that paid my wage directly to my bank account, the first months wage i wasnt taxed atall, on the 2nd month the double taxed me to make up for not paying tax the previous month... the comapny paid me directly into my bank, they worked out how much tax i should pay and then deducted it from my wage... then sent it to their accountant to pay my tax (2 weeks after i had been paid) then i got my wage slip.... it was clear they were dodgy. in the 2nd month of employment i had my tax code changed from 797 to 810 and HMRC informed me that all my over paid tax would be refunded when my tax codd changed, at the end of November i handed my notice in and they paid my to date. no sign of my tax back. in january i rang HMRC and they said my tax refund had been claimed....(i hadnt got it) they said it was paid through my wage on the 12th december


my thoughts are that the company paid me and then sent it to their accountant on the 12thdecember, my tax refund was then credited and they haven't paid this to me. i have rag HMRC and they said to wait until April to see if they can resend it.


the company are refusing to give me my p45 and payslip ( as i think this shows i should have been credited with my rebate)


i don't know who to turn to, noone seems to understand how dodgy the wage system was in that company


Any Advice? surely this this thief

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Writ to their accountant and label the envelope as "potential HMRC investigation" and that should get them kicking your ex-employer into action as they will be culpable as well in HMRC's eyes. If you dont get any joy then write to your tax office and tell them that the accountants and company are submitting false tax and NI returns. Dont do anything further by telephone.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...