style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

i have an issue with my deposit on the property i am currently renting, ill start at the beginning.

We rented the property on the 25th of may, we payed the deposit and first months rent to a letting agent, we were then informed that the LL would be managing the property. A few months passed and in the December we were notified that the house was being repossessed and would be auctioned. The house was sold and we got a new tenancy with a new LL. I am currently chasing the original LL for the deposit of £625, we received no proof of the deposit being payed into a scheme and we have been told by the original letting agent that they passed the deposit over to the original LL but again we have no proof of this. I am urgently seeking some advice as to what steps to take in claiming the deposit back from the original LL and where i would stand legally as he is proofing to be extremely uncooperative. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have your ex-landlord's address? Usual process would be a letter before action followed by small claims court.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

As far as I am aware, this is not actually your problem, it is the new LL's problem, so you should point out to the new LL that your deposit does not seem to have been protected since he became LL, and it should be.... It is up to the new LL to protect it, and claim off the old one.

At this stage your new LL may not know the full system and rules, so a quiet letter or word should do it. Have you got proof of paying the deposit to the original LL?

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

Yes, I agree. I completely misread the OP's first post - I thought she meant she'd actually moved, not that she was actually still living in the house that was auctioned and sold.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Until new LL contacts T with Stat Notice that they are Ts new LL, address for service of Notices and new bank details for continued payment of rent, then no rent is payable. All rent remains due, so T should try to contact new LL or auctioneer.

LG, it is not clear whether T moved before sale or is still in occupation. It can be read either way. Perhaps OP can update?