Vodafone MASSIVE PROBLEM!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I really need some help with this one if possible.

On 27th December 2012 I applied for a contract ipad whereby I had to pay a deposit of £99 once the contract had gone through after a initial credit check, I put my debit details in assuming they would only use this for the credit check nothing more I waited and the next morning my credit was declined and I was informed via a generic email that no money would be removed from my account.

Looking at my statements £99 was removed so that weekend I emailed Vodafone CS asking when this would be returned I have no less than 20 emails from CS advising the same unhelpful, generic rubbish. They keep advising me on how I can appeal the decision (which is not something I intend to do) and stating a average waiting time of 8-14 working days before the money is returned but giving no satisfactory answer as to why they hold my money for so long and why they do not advise this during the application process or on the declined email.

I have been extremely patient and have been struggling to make ends meet because I have been waiting for so long for this money to be returned to me and it has been extremely upsetting, today Vodafone stated for me to wait another 3-5 working days to see if this money will magically appear but I find this unacceptable as I have been more than patient and would like my money back which they are not entitled too.

Can anyone help me with this?

Kind Regards

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2012**(3-Viewing)-nbsp

If you have a read of post # 2 in the thread linked above - it tells you how to contact the Vodafone Rep that helps with CAG user complaints.

You will need to contact Lee as advised in the post and then pop your reference number in this thread .

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

But once you have contacted Lee - don't accept any further delays.

How was the £99 paid? Credit card? Debit card?

IF so, then call you card provider and ask them to initiate a chargeback as you have paid for goods/service that you did not receive. Sounds like you've given Vodafone a good opportunity to refund and still no joy, so i would certainly suggest the chargeback route if paid by card.

Hi Beans2334,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

To enable me to get this followed up could you email me as suggested above with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a email reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

It will be interesting to see the excuse that they offer for the delay

You mentioned that they keep advising me on how I can appeal the decision - I don't see what decision there has been, unless it is was to take your money despite having told you that they would not and then hang on to it for as long as possible.

If Lee doesn't resolve this quickly (you will have to email & post the reference no here before he can try) then follow BankFodder's good advice and send an LBA, then go to the small claims court.

They can refund money immediately if they want to. If they claim that BACS takes 3 days, they could take cash round to their bank, fill in a credit form & get the money in your account the same day

Presumably you will be asking for some compensation as well