British Gas: Warrant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if i could get some advise with regards to British Gas.

On the 9th of January British Gas applied for a warrant to put a pre payment gas meter into my property for an old gas bill.

The bill itself was 523.00.

I infromed british gas that i could pay £200.00 towards the debt, which i have and pay the outstanding amount when i get paid on the 25th of january.

I have now received a letter this morning saying that they are going to excute the warrant on the 23rd of january and fit a pre payment meter.

I have since spoken to them to tell them i get paid on the 25th and i will pay the full amount on the account so please do not fit the meter.

The debt officer i spoke to said there was nothing they could do and they are going to enforce the warrant.

Now im not sure if this is the case, but the debt office said that the warrant officer will force entry to my property

when i told him that no body will be in to speak to the warrant officer.

I hope someone can give me some advise with regards to warrant being excuted

do they actually do them on the date?

not sure how it Works,

just for the sake of 48 hours british gas not willing to help saying it's out of their hands.

Many thanks.

contact the ombudsman [ofgas or whatever ] me thinks.

'typically' the date is flexible.

but they do come and can force entry.

whats the background on this debt?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Once a Warrant of Entry is granted it is able to be used for 30 days, so it is flexible as such

Have they been to court yet? If not, your best option is going to court, they will no doubt 'walk away' NB they must inform you of the date, time and place of the Magistrates hearing. If they decide to proceed, I'm sure the Magistrate will tell them they are being unreasonable in not allowing 48 hours. It might be worth taking a payslip as evidence youget paid on the 25th, just as a cast iron defence

Thanks for replying yes it has gone to court and the warrant for entry has been granted for the 23rd of January.

I am in no doubt that I owe the money and I am willing to pay it off on the 25th by told its too late.

Is it worth me contacting OFGAS now or just waiting until next Wednesday? My gas supply metre is outside my property, so no forced, will be necessary. I am going to make a payment of 10.00 today and 10.00 on Friday to bring balance down and also show willing to pay.

Thanks for your advise and replies.