daisy72

British Gas: Warrant

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2468 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if i could get some advise with regards to British Gas.

On the 9th of January British Gas applied for a warrant to put a pre payment gas metre into my property for an old gas bill. The bill itself was 523.00. I infromed british gas that i could pay 200.00 towards the debt, which i have and pay the outstanding amount when i get paid on the 25th of january.

I have now recieved a letter this morning saying that they are going to excute the warrant on the 23rd of january and fit a pre payment metre.

I have since spoken to them to tell them i get paid on the 25th and i will pay the full amount on the account so please do not fit the metre.

The debt officer i spoke to said there was nothing they could do and they are going to enforce the warrant. Now im not sure if this is the case, but the debt office said that the warrant officer will force entry to my property when i told him that no body will be in to speak to the warrant officer.

I hope someone can give me some advise with regards to warrant being excuted do they actually do them on the date? not sure how it orks, just for the sake of 48 hours british gas not willing to help saying it's out of their hands.

Many thanks.

Hello Daisy.

I see you've started a duplicate thread in the Utilities forum here, which is where I think you'll get more help. I'll close this one to avoid confusion, here's a link to the other thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?378693-British-Gas-Warrant%2818-Viewing%29-nbsp

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2468 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you