style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2467 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I would appreciate any advice that can be given on the following.

My husband works for a local company and he has done so for the past 16 years. In 2007 he was being bullied and we went down the grievance path and my husband was moved to another department even though it was a drop in wages. He was fine in his new dept but in May 2010 he started talking as if he was being watched, this ended up with him being assessed by the hospital and to cut a long story short he was diagnosed with schizophrenia and they think he has had it for a long time. This resulted in him being off work sick for 7 months. In January 2011 he started back at work on a part time basis first then progressing to full time in about 6 weeks.

The problem we are encountering now is that his employers have had him in the office and told him he is too slow at his job. He tried to explain about the medication he is only have slowed him down (which they have) and he is doing his best. His manager just said he wasnt interested and is fed up with it and that my husband is to knuckle down or they will dismiss him.

Today he has seen occupational health and they want him and his psychiatric nurse to have a meeting to discuss his progress.

Can they dismiss him as I know he is covered by the Equality Act.

Have they made any reasonable adjustments (if any can be made) ?

Have they made any reasonable adjustments (if any can be made) ?

Not as I am aware. He is a cleaner at a pottery manufacturer and has a rota with specific times when he is supposed to be doing certain things. Sometimes if he is called to do something else which is not on his rota he gets behind but all the jobs have been done at the end of the day.