Default posted on credit file 2.5 years late!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advise. I have lived at the same address now for 3 years but before that I was moving every 6 months. I had a virgin account and to be honest I cant really remember what happebed to it, I thought id paid it off. My credit file was looking good with my experian score at over 800. However Ive now just logged on and it says virgin have logged a default for a £55 bill which is shown as satisfied. It has knocked my rating down to 500! This is what it says.....

Entry Number: C6 | Account Updated to: 30/12/2012

Edited Personal details.

Account Type: Communications Started: 08/07/2009 Current Balance: Satisfied

Default Date: 05/05/2010Default Balance: £55

They dont even have my name correct for a start and its 2.5 years after! I dont live at the address they have and havent done for 3 years. Can they do this? What can I do?

Thanks everyone xx

Ok, The ICO states that defaults should be placed within 6 months of the cause of action, so it seems what has occurred is unfair.

So first thing to do is place a notice of dispute on the CRA file and the other agencies need checking too.

Immediately send the following letter to the Data Controller at Virgins Head office, enclose a copy of screen prints of CRA files.

Ref: Virgin account No. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Formal Complaint.

Sir,

I have recently checked my credit reference agencies and found that an entry regarding this account showing it as a ''satisfied default''.

I have been resident at the same address for 3 years and during this time NO such default has been shown on my credit files regarding this account.

This entry has been made outside the ICOs stated reasonable time scale for placing defaults by a margin of 2 1/2 years and is plainly manifestly unfair and has seriously damaged my credit profile.

I now require Virgin to remove all adverse data from credit reference files with immediate effect and confirm in writting that my requirement has been complied with, also I believe that Virgin should consider financial redress for the adverse effects these damaging entries have caused to my credit rating.

I am preparing a report to the ICO regarding Virgins unreasonable manipulation of my person data, and will delay this until I receive your response to this complaint.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brigadier yet again. Thanks, I will write this letter and let you know how I get on. Can I just point out that the address I have lived at for 3 years is not the same one they hold for me which comes up on the default on the credit file.......does that matter? I moved out of the address where I had the virgin service 3 years ago and did not realise I had any outstanding bill left with them at the time.

cheers

xxx

• 8 months later...