laffing

car insurance question

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2465 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

My car was broken into on Friday from a hotel car park, the thieves broke the lock and damaged the door, reported to police and hotel, rang insurance on Saturday a.m and gave details, they arranged for car to be collected from my home address as they said the insurance would be null and void if I were to leave it unsecure.... car was taken to safe storage to be transported to repair garage today.

Rang insurance today, as hadn't heard from garage and was told that there was a discrepancy with my original call.... they are claiming that I said the car had been left unlocked! i wouldn't have said that because it wasn't true!!!! I find this incredulous as why would the thieves have broken the lock if it was unlocked? I am now without my car whilst the insurance company check the recording of my original claim! Can anyone offer any advice as to what to do next?

Also, is the hotel liable as the cctv didn't cover where my car was parked and there weren't any notice to say cars parked at owners risk?

Thanks in advance of any help.