first response debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there,

i was wondering if someone could offer me some advice to dealing with first response debt. i am currently trying to get my debts in order and i have started with the smallest amount which so happened to be a letter my husband had received from first response the final payment balance on this letter was £80 collection fee for a car that we had. we had set up a direct debit on the 9.11.2012 for the amount of $15.11 per week (every friday) this dd has been paid on a weekly basis and should have been cleared on the 14.12.2012. however first response have been taking this dd right up untill 4.1.2013 when we queried this after we received a text for an outstanding balance and phoned them (after cancelling the dd on 10.1.2013) they have said that we still have an outstanding balance £3.37 which would mean the total we have paid is just under £140.

they have told us that the letter they had meant to send us out was this final balance at that the first letter for £80 was wrong as the final payment was to include ppi payments and the final balance should be £133.78, we have overpaid without them giving us the right information and i was wondering if anybody could give us some advice on how to deal with this situation? are they right? are we owed cash back from this company?

many thanks

Get on to the original creditor and reclaim the PPI and all charges. If you do not have the relevant information I would suggest that you send a Subject Access request, unfortunately there is a £10.00 fee for this information, nevertheless you may well benefit financially from the process.

First response is the main/origional creditor, it was finance for a car and they refused 2 give my husband the loan unless he took ppi. I didn't think ppi was mandatory and also don't understand how they can still ask for ppi payments after the initial credit payments have been stopped?

First response is the main/origional creditor, it was finance for a car and they refused 2 give my husband the loan unless he took ppi. I didn't think ppi was mandatory and also don't understand how they can still ask for ppi payments after the initial credit payments have been stopped?

Without seeing the agreement it is difficult to answer this particular question, however it makes no real difference as the PPI was clearly Mis-sold and should now be reclaimed along with charges.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)