topcat77

Cancellation of holiday with Blue Chip Holidays. Looking for refund

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2468 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I paid a deposit of £143 on Thursday for a holiday to Torquay in March and have changed my mind due to financial problems and cancelled the holiday. I received an email today that I will not be refunded unless I provide a reason for cancelling such as medical problems or redundancy. :|

I have a Reward Bank Account with Santander which includes travel insurance so would it be possible to claim a holiday cancellation refund from them?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated :)

The travel insurance would be the best bet. Unfortunately if you simply changed your mind then the holiday company aren't under any obligation to refund the deposit unless they were in breach of contract somehow. If their terms and conditions state that they will refund in the case of medical problems or redundancy then they're actually being quite generous from the sounds of things.

Contact Santander, they'll probably have a number for the travel insurance on their website, and explain the situation to them. Be aware though that their policies on cancellations may also only mean they'll pay out in the event of exceptional circumstances such as illness/injury or emergencies. There'll also likely be an excess to pay.