Taking it to their door...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some people have, but it isnt advisable. Harassment/trespassing laws and all that stuff. Most DCA's actually have it as part of their credit licence that they can visit you unless you revoke their permission to come.

For you to go to a DCA's office, all they need to do is simply call the police and state that you are trespassing on their property.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You may see it that way, the law doesnt. Sending letters, or a few phone calls where the debtor doesnt respond means they can keep on doing it, until such a time the debtor issues a complaint or tells them to stop.

A debtor turning up at the offices of a DCA would probably be met simply by police attendance for trespass. It's a reason why a lot of DCA's hide behind P.O Boxes, so debtors cant visit them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You may see it that way, the law doesnt. Sending letters, or a few phone calls where the debtor doesnt respond means they can keep on doing it, until such a time the debtor issues a complaint or tells them to stop.

A debtor turning up at the offices of a DCA would probably be met simply by police attendance for trespass. It's a reason why a lot of DCA's hide behind P.O Boxes, so debtors cant visit them.

Trespass? well after a Bank tried that on a customer last year or so, the Police advised the Bank to listen to their customers complaint and left them to it if I remember correctly, as the customer just sat there and insisted on waiting to see a Manager.?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

My intention is to politely ask them to rectify the mistake they have made, I have written, registered post, they have ignored me. It is stressful knowing that these peole are chipping away at your soul, in my normal life I deal with things directly.

We had a few reports early last year mike, where a few people involved with PDL's went to the DCA offices due to the continued harassment they were facing. When they got there, the DCA called the local police. They were going to be cited for trespass, as the debtors were told they had no permission to be on the property. Police attended, but debtors went away after the police started talking about being arrested and removed for "public order offences". Namely that the police had asked them to move on, but they refused.

A lot of them have a 'locked door' policy to prevent the public accessing the building (for obvious reasons).

Yep. A lot of them share office buildings too. So you have no chance of getting in to the building unless someone in the office buzzes you through.