PayPal harrasment for money I dont owe - please please help

Nasutherland1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all I am not sleeping and am really stressed by PayPal. Out of the blue on 22nd of Dec I took a call from Paypal on my home phone.

I hadnt used it since August so I checked my account and phoned them back. They say that the buyer of 2 lady gaga tickets I sold on the 24th of Aug has said their card was used against their knowledge.

Their credit card company have requested a charge back. PayPal say they contacted me on an email address I no longer and is not the email address associated with this sale on both the 29th of Nov and again on the 11th of December.

As I didnt respond to the emails they have found in favour of the buyer and refunded them the money to them. I now appear to owe paypal risk management £145 (as they have added on fees etc to the original £127 sale).

This was then passed to the Collections who have been phoning and emailing me non stop since. When asked why they did not phone me sooner (they have house phone number and mobile number) they said they are an internet company and its not their policy to contact any other way...until now its too late for me to do anything about it.I have proof that the tickets were sent first class recorded and were signed for - although Paypal have never asked for this and are not interested.

After much debate PayPal told me I could complain (gave me a wrong email address to begin with). They also said I would need to take the case to the small claims court and the police if i wanted to challenge it. They will not tell me who it is I am challenging - Paypal, the buyer or their credit card company due to data protection.

They told me I have 120 days from the 11th of December or this is passed to a debt collection agency. They have been rude and unrelenting on the phone and fail to note that I have made a formal complaint (on 23rd Dec which has been acknowledged by email but nothing else). They are completely intimidating on the phone. I contacted Ebay - where the sale took place - and the seller is no longer registered (although i do have numerous emails from them & they left me positve feedback).

Ebay need a crime reference number to investigate the issue.I contacted the police who were very sympathetic but are saying that no crime has been committed by me or to me - I sold the tickets and can prove it. So there appears to be little they can do.

They did recommend posting on this forum thoughI am at my wits end. After another horrible phone call from PayPal today whilst at work - and still no response from their complaints department. The clock is ticking. I do not want a black mark on my credit history as my partner and I are hoping to get a mortgage this year. What do I do? Please please help?{EDIT}

Edited by citizenB
removed users name.

Hi, Iv'e edited your name from the post.

I thin you must gather all the proof of the sale you have to hand and make a Formal Complaint to PayPal asap.

If you need help with this please let me know and I will draft a letter for you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I dont suppose you know if the address the tickets went to , was indeed the address of the account holder ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I dont suppose you know if the address the tickets went to , was indeed the address of the account holder ?

Hi thanks for getting back. Have no idea - they won't tell me anything for 'data protection'! All I know is the address I sent them to matches the eBay and paypal address given and is a business address and were signed for - have the tracking info still. Still not heard anything more from paypal complaints. It can't be right they treat people this way?!

Hi, Iv'e edited your name from the post.

I thin you must gather all the proof of the sale you have to hand and make a Formal Complaint to PayPal asap.

If you need help with this please let me know and I will draft a letter for you.

Thank you very much. I would be very grateful if you could draft something - although I have submitted a complaint on 23 of December and included all evidence i have. i have not heard anything other than the standard acknowledgement. When I chased it up last week they said by doing so I would only be pushing back the time they take to deal with me?!

I'm afraid it really seems that this is incompetence of a mega variety.

Send the following by recorded delivery

Complaint.

Sir/Madam.

I refer to my letter dated 23 rd.December 2012 regarding the disputed delivery and wrongful refund made by paypal, as you are aware I have provided all the data relating to this transaction for your information.

I now consider that Paypal have taken enough time to investigate this matter I hold paypal totally responsible for the mishandling of this and I reject totally any claim by PayPal Risk Management for the wrongfully made refund.

You will now divulge all information regarding the transaction so that I can commence legal proceedings as soon as possible.

For clarification and the avoidence of misunderstanding I do NOT acknowledge any liability to paypal will not make any payment in regard to this matter.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: