Enforcing CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a CCJ against my previous landlord, but she has not paid any money back yet.

My question is therefore: can a Third Party Debt Order be made against current tenants of a landlord? So instead of them paying the rent to the landlord, the rent is paid to the me on an intermittent basis until the debt is settled.

Can it be done using Form N349 (Third Party Debt Order)? Any special considerations?

Thank you for any replies.

Hi james

Confused....why would you want to make Third Party debt Order against the current Tenants? You state the judgment is against your Landlord.

PS Welcome to CAG

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the question, a little bit of clarification then:

My idea is to make one of the current tenants the third party on the application form. I know that usually a bank or building society is named as the third party, I'm just wondering if it is possible to put a person as a thrid party. The tenants technically "owe" money to the landlord don't they?

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part72

You wont get an Order against the other Tenants only the Judgment Debtor.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread