style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2502 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I really need some advice and help. In a weeks time, my Nationwide overdraft will be changed from £4500 to £250. I also have a overdraft of £2500 from Natwest. In total I owe £7000. I still have a week till the overdraft is official changed.

What are my options? I would like to be able to agree something with Nationwide. I really dont want to screw up my credit score, in case I want to get a house in the future.

Unfortunately I dont have a job but expect to get one within the next 6 weeks. What is the minimum payment and time schedule can I get them to agree to.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Hi, welcome to CAG,

Why is the OD facility being reduced?

I would expect that any repayment ''plan'' negotiated would result in it being reported to the credit reference agencies.

I agree your best bet is to approach your branch and attept to negotiate,but make sure you speak to someone with authority to make a decision.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for the reply.

Its kind of sorted. I've got two accounts with Nationwide. One has £4500 and the other has a overdraft of £500. Luckily the letter was was for the latter account to reduce to £250.

Overall I have 5 months to cut down the limit before the account gets reviewed again. Need to start cutting costs.

Sidepoint: I rang nationaldebtline.

I waited for 15 mins. When the call was answered. They kept asking a lot of personal questions, real name, address and phone number. Before I gave the details, I asked why they needed them if they are confidential. They said it was to send me information. I replied I don’t want this information sent to my house. The woman immediately put down the phone. They seem very dodgy and unprofessional! What is your experience knowledge about them.

National debtline are fine. They are recommended by a lot of people to help. There are no dubious dealings with them, and they simply need your info so they can send you information by post.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D