transient

Vodafone Contract Issue

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2465 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Had a contract with vodafone with a blackberry device, in May 2011

I phoned up as I wanted the iphone 4 and was told I could have it but I would have to enter a new 24 month contract, this was not an issue.

My contract should be up now this May 2013 and I want the iphone 5

but they called me in order to see if I wanted a free upgrade and they have toild me I have another 12 months to go on my contract,

I was perplexed as to this and explained the above and they said to me that when the iphone4 contract was taken out

they rolled the remaining 9 months of it to the new 24 month on consecutively.

At NO time was I told this would be the case on the call,

if I had been I would not have taken it out,

there is no way in the world I would have had a contract so long.

Besides I had an alternative way of obtaining a iphone 4 at negligible cost but had decided to ask vodaphone out of brand loyalty,

which seems misplaced

now looking at it as I feel totally deceived by not being told this and being signed up when the CSA clearly omitted this part.

I have spoke to the current voda CSA and they are totally unhelpful and pretty dismissive in terms of saying

"You would of been told" "They would have read it out and explained". I can guarantee this is not the case.

Anyone think of any options I have in escalating this matter?

I think the next step is to submit a SAR requesting a copy of the call and presenting this to them proving this was not explained to me.

Site team, I am aware of the process for Voda on CAG being a regular on here. They have had a courtesy email from me making aware of the post as they ask for a link. Just wanted other peoples opinions too.

Edited by transient

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at webrelations@vodafone.com quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi transcient,

It's just a quick post to acknowledge your thread.

Having checked our emails I can confirm that I've got yours and so please be assured that I'll get back to you later today.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thanks Lee, I got your message but phone was on silent. If you can call tomorrow that would be great