DMP was going well until.........

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Looking for some reassurance if thats possible.

DMP has been set up and running since August 2012. The majority of creditors have been really positive and supportive through the entire process which has really helped.

The only sticking point at the moment is we have had notification from stepchange (cccs) that 2 of our payments have been returned and an ongoing increase in rbs current account balance.

1.Payday UK (approx balance £800) are no longer accepting payments from stepchange on our behalf....and at present my wife is receiving calls from Credit Resource Solutions insisting she contact them asap. I understand that CRS is a DCA working on behalf of/ under the same umbrella as payday uk but we hve had no written communication from payday uk informing us of a change of arrangements.

2.Our payment to RBS personal loan (approx balance £11000) has also been returned, with the account no longer able to view on online banking.

3. Our rbs current account was sitting just below our £600 overdraft limit when we entered into our DMP. During that process we slipped over that limit by £4 or so. I have attempted to write to the rbs to ask them for support with our dmp but we notice now that our current account balance is now approx £1200 ......about £600 in charges.

Help?

It may be that the payments were returned because the accounts have now been sold,moved. Really this is down to cccs to sort out for you,that is what they get funded for.

Personally and depending on your level of debt and personal resilience i would consider doing it myself. I imagine cccs will have done you an income and expenditure form that leaves you little to play with. Do another one yourselves maybe using the figures from the CFS. and send that off to the creditors with a letter saying you are doing it yourself and making the offer along with a request for bank details.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

We thought about managing our own DMP but really found the staff at cccs to be really helpful and offered us lots of support during what was a really difficult time for us both. We seem to be getting by with what we have each month. We were concerned about Christmas but got through it intact....just looking to br debt free as soon as possible.

Ok, just a thought. Well all i can suggest is that if you get caught on the phone refer them to cccs or if you get any letters write back referring them to cccs.

sounds like a BCOBS complaint here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they treating you unfairly.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx.

I'm not sure what you mean. How could I use the BCOBS to my benefit in this case?

M.

RBS has a legal obligation to treat you with understanding and to support you. Read the BCOBs info on this forum.

item: you have approached a debt charity recognised by your creditor to help you repay your debts

question: Why in hanover would RBS fail to respond positively to an organisation they have already agreed to support

item: RBS have loaded your account with charges and have not supplied you with statements

question: How is this helping you to repay your debt and how is it supporting your DMP

Your action1 should be to request a copy of their complaints procedure via a formal, recorded delivery letter. If they respond USE IT. If it fails to improve the situation report them to the FSA - RBS are on particularly thin ice right now with the authorities.

Your action 2; read up BCOBS and learn how to use the law to bring RBS rto account - CAGGERS will help you with this

Your action 3: It will cost £10 a SAR to be sent via recorded delivery (you can find out all about SAR in the info section of this forum). This request requires RBS to return to you all the info and data that they hold on you. You must analyse it forensically to find the illegal charges that you will then challenge and get refunded - agin CACGERS will help you with this

Keep up your DMP with CCCS - they are good people - I speak from personal experience as they ran my DMP and I am now debt free.

One final word - my DMP took nearly a year to bed down - Northern Rock pulled every trick in the book, yet they finally put up and shut up.

I will agree with a dmp taking a while to bed down but stories abound of dmp providers not getting all charges stopped.

My self being so cynical i worry about the ethics of cccs. as again there are too many stories of them leaving peoples budgets too tight.

As for BCOBS, it is certainly worth trying to use it,however ultimately if the bank won't play ball you would need to take them to court. That is untried i believe and i have read of instances when the banks counter claim although this is just hearsay.

A DMP is an informal arrangement but approaching a debt charity for advice and then running a DMP with one of them is recognised by the courts as 'the right thing to do'.

I mention this as if you have a house with equity it is not insignificant.

Not all my creditors froze interest MBNA and Halifax refused to, but the others did

and as the debts were substantial it really gave some 'traction' to the rate at which my overall debts declined.

You say that there are many stories, you are correct.

However I speak from personal experience my DMP was run by the CCCS,

when I started I had school fees included in my expenses.

They were there for 6 months.

After this I found the expenses were adequate, sure I couldn't afford to enjoy vintage port or holidays abroad,

but I did have holidays - saved up for out of a monthly amount.

My over-riding objective was to pay off my debts (£93k), so each year I approached my budget review with vigour

and yes I did feel the pinch but on the plus side I am now debt free and able to enjoy all my disposable income.

I pay cash for everything and can afford luxury holidays and am able to treat my family to good things again.

It was the structure that the CCCS put around both debts and spending that got me here.

Duff, If it worked for you fantastic. I should add that according to the OFT you should be treated the same if its a paid for, free or diy dmp. I was with a paid for dmp for some time and everyone froze interest and charges, all 20 of them. I then went down the diy route and although stressful at times i have more power.