The Equality Act

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon

Does the Equality Act, [formerly The Disability Discrimination Act], have penalties?

Also, can people not complying with it, or not running their businesses with regard to it, be taken to court, by a private individual?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Yes, you can sue a company for not making necessary adjustments to cater for your disability. However, they must have been made aware of it before you can do this, so, for example phoning you if you are hard of hearing or suffer from mental problems that make such contact inappropriate and they must use another method of contacting you. However, you need to tell them this when you first get this kind of communication and there are a lot of hurdles to jump before you get in front of a judge with this one. The Equalities Commission love to poke their oar in and claim any credit for success so harassment may be a better one to argue. having said that, being sent a series of statutory questionnaires under the EqA would use up a lot of their time and energy so if you do get a ticket for not having your blue badge exactly 2" away from the front of your dashboard as required by the sign you couldnt read halfway up a lamppost give the "SQ" a go. You can download it from the EqC web site.

Thank you!

A letter to Morrisons" then, I think, plus one to their lackeys, "Parking Eye".

One step at a time - "Morrisons" first, I want to know if they own their carpark, and will it will be them that would need to take me to court, or have they delegated that grubby business to "PE"?

I'm aware of all the ignore advice, but I'm a bit fed up with them, and it's time for me to sling some s**t into their respective fans for a change!

Sam

NatWest - Written off!

I hope to keep the forum informed.

Sam