lisalamb

help with tax credits please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2471 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently been a single parent with two girls and working 16 hours and claming working tax and child tax credits . Now my partner is moving in he is unemployed and on income based Jsa. My tax credits have been stopped and been advised to make a joint claim . Will i lose my working tax creds. And will he lose his JSA.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'll move your thread to the benefits forum where the guys should be able to help you. I'll leave a short term redirect on this forum.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Do you know if he's on income or contributions based JSA? If it's the former, your income (including working tax credits) might be too high for him to claim JSA. If it's the latter, your income (including the benefits receive) won't affect your partners JSA.

In order to continue receiving tax credits you will need to increase your household working hours to 24 per week, your current hours of 16 will result in the loss of any working tax credits.