Newlyn Debt Collectors Letter Chain

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have an active link to a letter chain for Newlyn Debt Collectors?

I had a parking ticket from NCP a while ago and I've been ignoring their letters ever since. I've had a letter this week saying FINAL NOTICE - COURT ACTION.

"We have no record of receiving payment despite out[sic] previous correspondence and now have no alternative but to pass the file back to National Car Parks Limited who will then proceed with court action.

We would like to offer you one final opportunity to settle the outstanding amount prior to us returning the file.

Unless we hear from you in the next 7 days with regard to paying your outstanding arrears, your file will be processed for court action. THIS WILL RESULT IN ADDITIONAL COSTS TO YOU.

To avoid any further action contact us immediately on blah blah bah blah blah blah

Anyway. I just wanted to check which part of the chain I'm at, and just be sure I'm still in the chain, as I had to write to them telling them I was the driver and wanted to ensure I met any action on their part properly.

and how can a dca predict what action they will take

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Excellent! That's just what I wanted to hear!

It still amazes me that they're allowed to do this kind of thing. The amount of pressure they put on people is phenomenal. I know to ignore their crap, and it still worries me, I can't imagine what it does to someone who thinks it's all legitimate!

It was an ASDA, but interestingly NCP actually own the car park. I had to look it up with the Land Registry, but they do own it.

Previous to that I'd actually written to the CEO of ASDA having a right go at him for associating his company with these people.

I'm not too scared about court action really as I can show that the times of the ticket are entirely incorrect, so even by their rules I'm not liable to pay, but it's the hassle, and the face that I've got to then go and get evidence together, days off work etc. etc.

Edited by ims21

interesting..........I expect part of the planning permission to build there supermarket is to supply parking spaces for a set number of cars

I got a ticket on Saturday in ASDA for not displaying a valid ticket as you are meant to put £1 in the machine and get a refund at the till so a free car park

Mr ticket man was putting a ticket on my car as i put shopping in boot ticket time 1330 till receipt from asda 1328

They will never go to court but asda are the ones in the firing line i am sure many pay up and move elsewhere

Asda have offered to cancel the ticket i have declined there kind offer as i was never going to pay the worthless pit of toilet paper and will ignore the parking company

However ASDA need to sort there act out if they are going to cancel my ticket it sets the flood gates open and they should cancel the contract with these private parking companies

Think asda now know they are not enforceable

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

An interesting turn of events, and again I can't find any information about it, but I've received a text from a company called scotcall. Newlyn had previously used my mobile number (I don't know how in hell they got that, god damn DVLA). I don't owe any money to anyone.

Does anyone know if they're affiliated with NCP or Newlyn at all?

snotscrawl would have got it from your CRa file - the details on your mobile phone account.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...