Harrison-Arran

rossendales [HCEO?] levied on vehicle over unlnown CCJ - help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2468 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have recently had a CCJ issued against my name t/a my wife’s company.

She is a sole trader, hence she is xxxxxxx t/a xxxx.

I answered the phone to RBS factoring who were representing a sub contractor she had used.

They rang to inform her that the invoice had been assigned and they asked for my name just for their records.

I thought nothing of it because I often answer the phone and take messages, etc

This sub contractor then did a few more pieces of work and RBS duly sent us the bills,

I did notice that the address stated my name t/a xxxx but again thought nothing of it.

To cut a long story short

there were difficulties with payment to RBS, legal action threatened, it was assumed that a final demand would be sent and things could be sorted out.

We then had a knock on the door from a representative of Rossendale demanding payment with a high court CCJ to back them up.

We could not pay the amount demanded, so they put a levy on our vehicle and said get back to them with a proposal.

The other thing was that we had received no notification from the courts that the CCJ had been issued.

So my question is, is this CCJ legal, since it is in my name and not my wife’s?

Also, since our vehicle is registered in my wife’s name and was purchased through her business can they put a levy on it?

The vehicle has no HP or loan attached to it.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated!

did you receive court paperwork and file a defense?

If it is not your debt should not be in your name get it set aside

With regards to bailiffs enforcing a ccj there is no right of entry to a residential premises

however any detached outbuilding/garage is at risk as is anything in the garden

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)