Ruby_Tuesday

Advisor at the JC

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2470 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

my daughter is on jobseekers, she has a son who was 5yrs old last year, and as a result she was removed from income support onto jobseekers, no problem with that, she has to find work for 20 hrs per week, to fit around school times and within realistic travel time for same reason. She is now single through no fault of her own, she part time cares for me as well as being single mum, neiher of us have tried to claim any carers allowance after the fuss of my IB with Atos, its just not worth the stress if we can get by.

She job searches online daily, attends the jobcentre to sign on, this is where I am puzzled, she has her appts for sign on days and updates them as to her jobsearching, she is on their website and they can check at anytime on her searches etc, so no need for the diary now. She has a job advisor who she has to also see, so this week she has an appt on Tuesday for job advisor then again on Thursday to sign on. This job advisor is doing her head in, its like continuing pressure, she looks for work on her behalf which isn't a problem, but telling her to apply for jobs she has no experience for even though it states on the ad it is necessary, and to keep reapplying for same job after 2 weeks, seems daft? my daughter cant do much more than she is doing with this daily job search. why is it necessary for this advisor? I may be wrong here but I am sure others on jobseekers don't have to have these advisor appts?

Our local JC is a nightmare, twice she has been sent home after being told they had no record of her appt, or it had been cancelled, only to find later that she should have been there. She did complain and it got sorted. Am just wondering what the hell is going on lol

Apology for rambling and if I am wrong on any points.

Adviser apppointments are madatory, how old is your daughter as those under 25 are required to have weekly contact and over 25 are required to sign once a fortnight with adviser contact between 2 and 6 weeks at a time.

Also as not everyone has registered on Universal Job Match or given permission to view the accounts the job search diaries are still required.

ahhh I see, all these changes. Thankyou flumps. I was with her at her last sign in and the guy said no need for diary, seems they don't know what theyre doing at our jc. She always keeps a written note of everything anyway, just as well. She is praying to get a job soon, so they are off her back, and I am grounded when shes not around lol which with the chronic fatigue isn't a problem really.

If you get middle or higher rate DLA care or Attendance Allowance, then any claim your daughter made for carer's allowance would be approved. Though if you fet a severe disability premium you would lose that. Once your daughter had carer's allowance, she could also claim income support, which would also be approved due to the carer's allowance.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

my daughter is on jobseekers, she has a son who was 5yrs old last year, and as a result she was removed from income support onto jobseekers, no problem with that, she has to find work for 20 hrs per week, to fit around school times and within realistic travel time for same reason. She is now single through no fault of her own, she part time cares for me as well as being single mum, neiher of us have tried to claim any carers allowance after the fuss of my IB with Atos, its just not worth the stress if we can get by.

She job searches online daily, attends the jobcentre to sign on, this is where I am puzzled, she has her appts for sign on days and updates them as to her jobsearching, she is on their website and they can check at anytime on her searches etc, so no need for the diary now. She has a job advisor who she has to also see, so this week she has an appt on Tuesday for job advisor then again on Thursday to sign on. This job advisor is doing her head in, its like continuing pressure, she looks for work on her behalf which isn't a problem, but telling her to apply for jobs she has no experience for even though it states on the ad it is necessary, and to keep reapplying for same job after 2 weeks, seems daft? my daughter cant do much more than she is doing with this daily job search. why is it necessary for this advisor? I may be wrong here but I am sure others on jobseekers don't have to have these advisor appts?

Our local JC is a nightmare, twice she has been sent home after being told they had no record of her appt, or it had been cancelled, only to find later that she should have been there. She did complain and it got sorted. Am just wondering what the hell is going on lol

Apology for rambling and if I am wrong on any points.

Dont apollogise.... at the moment, it is not mandatory for candidates to create a Universal Job Match Account, and candidates who have may delete their account without any sanction being applied. Unfortunately, whereas JCP have no control over vacancies in the Real World, and cannot validate that they are even live, they may match candidates to them and sanction the candidate if they fail to apply.

If she deletes the Universal Job Match Account, then whereas staff may attempt to coerce any candidate to creating an Account, such nonsense is pure bluff and blunder at the moment. However, I would suggest that your daughter returns to a paper based Job Search Record, and continue to apply for jobs that she is skilled and qualified to do, and which reflect the jobs featured within the Job Seekers Agreement.

well yes she wont apply for anything that she isn't skilled to do, or that asks for experience she doesn't have, but the advisor is pushing her more and more to just apply for anything, which is ridiculous when she doesn't have the requirements being stated. She does still keep a written record of all her searches and applications, dated, as well as doing this online search on the website they told her she HAD to use. I was put off applying for DLA after the fuss and stress keeping my IB has caused, and am dreading the form due soon with the review situation. I wish these people lived in my head and body. Thankyou for that RebeccaPidgeon

How long has your daughter been claiming JSA and when did she last work?

This is taken into account when looking at what type of work she should be applying for.

Even if she doesn't have a UJM account the adviser will still job search and match to vacancies and this could be any job that is suitable, e.g capable and qualifed to undertake.

she has been claiming it since feb 2011 when her son was 5. she did performing arts at college before she had her son, sadly her partner left her before he was born, which wasn't the plan, they had been looking at property to rent together, I can only assume he had a panic up and couldn't handle it all, no explanation was ever given. She didn't work at that time, had her son, planned to either go back to college or get a job, but I was ill and got my diagnosis of bipolar disorder and fms, she has really been looking out for and after me, and bringing up her son on her own until very recently when his dad wanted contact, thankfully they have both been able to be adults and think of my grandson, and its working out fine for contact. My daughter feels its her time now to get out and live and work and have a life. Sadly she has no work record or experience, and to be honest, she didn't feel able to study further over the past few years, its been hard for her with her own stresses and me. My mother died suddenly and unexpectedly last year and the grief hit us all terribly, as a family we have been through the mill emotionally over the past few years. I am looking for a support group to attend, I have found forums and support online which do help a lot, and am freeing up her time with me as much as possible. Sadly my daughter has no experience, and it doesn't seem like there is much of anything out there for her. She is a strong girl though and I know she will come through this if given a chance.