Poll Tax 2 even bigger cuts to Council Tax benefit

osdset
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if it comes to paying for food or council tax well sorry they can take me to court, cant pay if i have no money!

the problem is council tax is one bill cant get away with not paying, they are extremely agressive and have huge powers on non payment.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be giving up this home im in, because i can not afford to keep it, i did not or a lot of us did not ask to be disabled. so im gearing myself up to go to prison atleast i will get my healthcare and my food and bed sorted its seems to me the only way, and a lot of us can go..

I can not believe that no one is kicking up a stink over any of these kick a cripple benifit changes:-(

because todays society is "Im alright jack"

the poll tax v1 I believe affected pretty much everyone paying tax who had more than 1 adult in their house.

this one is targeted at a small set of the population who traditionally arent very vocal and dont have a high influence on elections. In particular the media except the guardian are against us so are helping cover it up.

even members of my own family seem happy with it even tho they know my plight. Because their own tax isnt affected. Thats all they care about #1.

the problem is council tax is one bill cant get away with not paying, they are extremely agressive and have huge powers on non payment.

Well if I have £20 in my pocket and my food cupboard is bare and the CT needs paying which would you say I use the money for?

Well if I have £20 in my pocket and my food cupboard is bare and the CT needs paying which would you say I use the money for?

I dont know, but if you dont pay the CT I would hide anything worth money because they will come for it.

I would not pay water, gas, electric etc. all before not paying CT. Obviously harder to do if on prepay meter's tho.

In fact I went 3 years without paying anything to severn trent water.

announcement tonight that people in wales will not be subject to the ct tax as the welsh assembly have given the councils the money to fund it....good for us in wales, but not for the rest of the country...but the divide and rule goes on...

announcement tonight that people in wales will not be subject to the ct tax as the welsh assembly have given the councils the money to fund it....good for us in wales, but not for the rest of the country...but the divide and rule goes on...

yes wales and scotland ok, but those 2 regions arent affected by the demands of the south east and london.

• 1 month later...

MY area still hasnt published what they doing, all they have done is published pol results which looks very bad for me because people support giving more help to those with children (this obviously going to hit hard on childless adults), dispite the fact those people get child benefit and child tax credits already.

Note also at the start of the document the claim they have been asked to cut 19% not 10%.

http://www.cabinet.leicester.gov.uk/documents/s52298/Final%20report%20of%20consultation%20responses.pdf

letter from my council telling me I will be paying at least £4.44 per week, but could be more as they haven't decided yet how much the council tax will be for this year. and with an assessment looming I expect to lose IB, end up on £71 jsa and being unfit will lose that too.... davidcameron-scrooge & co will finish me off.

they have to cut 10% over all, but pensioner claimants are protected from cuts

so therefore 19% sounds right for working age claimants

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

it doesnt say anything. so those arent the details.

Also they dont say its 19% on working age claimants, they specifically state they have been asked to cut their budget by 19%, thats either a lie or the government are lieing.

letter from my council telling me I will be paying at least £4.44 per week, but could be more as they haven't decided yet how much the council tax will be for this year. and with an assessment looming I expect to lose IB, end up on £71 jsa and being unfit will lose that too.... davidcameron-scrooge & co will finish me off.

I have had no letter other than about 2 months ago telling me they starting a consultation.

But I was already paying £4 a week. I expect I will be paying approx £15-20 per week currently.

I have seen nothing published showing the results, that pdf posted here doesnt have the results.

I emailed my local council benefits office and got the letter about a week later, saying about the £4.44 thing etc and telling me there is drop in meeting locally on 25th to ask any questions....all I want to know is how much I have to pay. I daren't not pay it as they just take you to court and then its bailiffs at the door if you don't pay.

I emailed my local council benefits office and got the letter about a week later, saying about the £4.44 thing etc and telling me there is drop in meeting locally on 25th to ask any questions....all I want to know is how much I have to pay. I daren't not pay it as they just take you to court and then its bailiffs at the door if you don't pay.

Ok I will contact mine next week and ask.

I agree on the bailiffs. There is no doubt if I dont pay (or anyone for that matter) they will be very quick on legal ation which is court warrant and bailiff to collect belongings.

I will be very surprised if my weekly payments are below £8 a week.

it doesnt say anything. so those arent the details.

Also they dont say its 19% on working age claimants, they specifically state they have been asked to cut their budget by 19%, thats either a lie or the government are lieing.

the government have told them the new scheme must cost 10% less than old scheme - put pensioners have to be protected - this means that pensoioners share of the cut is applied to working age claimants

Example - if a Council curently spends £10m on CTB, they have to cut it by 10% to £9m

now out of that £10m: -

• if half (£5m) is spent on pensioners who are protected, they still get £5m
  • the other half (£5m) is spent on working age, this will get reduced to £4m

so this means LA has to apply a 20% cut to working age claimants, to deliver an overall 10% cut for the government

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

is expecting all kinds now after this mornings report about the UK credit rating dropped etc and the govt adamant to keep on their own dastardly path....CTB is just the start methinks...HB will be next.....and free dentist/prescriptions to follow.....that would be interesting if I couldn't afford my meds....my bipolar would take me up like a helium balloon

the government have told them the new scheme must cost 10% less than old scheme - put pensioners have to be protected - this means that pensoioners share of the cut is applied to working age claimants

Example - if a Council curently spends £10m on CTB, they have to cut it by 10% to £9m

now out of that £10m: -

• if half (£5m) is spent on pensioners who are protected, they still get £5m
  • the other half (£5m) is spent on working age, this will get reduced to £4m

so this means LA has to apply a 20% cut to working age claimants, to deliver an overall 10% cut for the government

I will say it again, they dont say that.

They simply state they have had their funding cut by 19%.

Even if they mean what you say they have worded it wrong. Working age isnt mentioned in their statement, they simply state their 'entire' budget is cut by 19%. In the public consultation they did, the website said working age may have to pay 40%.

is expecting all kinds now after this mornings report about the UK credit rating dropped etc and the govt adamant to keep on their own dastardly path....CTB is just the start methinks...HB will be next.....and free dentist/prescriptions to follow.....that would be interesting if I couldn't afford my meds....my bipolar would take me up like a helium balloon

HB is already been cut.

You missed the?

bedroom tax

under 35s no longer allowed contained accomodation.

under 25s HB also cut.

LHA change from lower 50% to lower 30% and no longer based on local rent increases.

HB reduced when claimant exceed benefit cap.

Of course it could be cut more as these idiots wont stop at anything.

A change I predicted a while back is JSA under 25 rate increased to the under 35s, they will state it is to bring in line with HB changes.

worried33

the full rules can be found here

http://www.leicester.gov.uk/EasySiteWeb/GatewayLink.aspx?alId=120511

Wow, I haven't read anything in a while that appears so deliberately intended to be difficult to understand as this is.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop