E Bay has removed my item. How do I complain?

CurlyMo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I recently, for the first time ever, listed an item for sale on ebay. The item was a genuine Louis Vuitton handbag. I do have the receipt of purchase and a copy of the credit card sale to prove authenticity.

However e bay emailed me to say they were removing the item. No reason was given but they indicated there was doubt about my items authenticity. I have appealed to them twice and attached for them a copy of the proof of purchase (which I couldn't find initially but a good search of the house and I later found it) but they still refuse to allow me to list this item. I have complained in the strongest terms possible but they still refuse to let me list my item. I have now asked them to close my account as I'm hopping mad and can't understand why they have taken this action. There are thousands of Louis Vuitton handbags on the ebay site, why pick on me a naive first time seller.

I read in one of your forums that one member e mailed a 'God' at e bay. Can anyone give me contact details of anyone higher up the ebay chain so that I can pursue my complaint further.

Many Thanks.

Hello and Welcome,

There's some contact details here..................

eBay UK Ltd, Complaints Department

PO Box 659, Richmond-upon-Thames

Surrey, TW9 1TX

eBay (UK) LTD,

P.O. Box 9473

Dublin 15

Ireland

0700 500 3229 (eBay General Number -- UK Calling Rates Apply)

020 8605 3111 (UK Power Seller's Help Line -- UK Calling Rates Apply)

0906 665 8030 (eBay Customer Service -- UK Calling Rates Apply)

0906 665 8030 (eBay Customer Service -- UK Calling Rates Apply)

John Donahoe, eBay CEO

FAX NUMBER: If you prefer to send a fax to the eBay CEO, here is his personal office fax number:

1-408-376-7414

EMAIL: [email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected]

BUSINESS/MAILING ADDRESS: John Donahoe, eBay CEO, 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

having been scammed so many times on ebay ( fortunately got money back ) they are being cautious.

they only take this action if you have low feedback normally. If you have an estableshed history you can sell anything.

good luck anyway.

At the end of the day it's a private site and they don't have to let you use it. Therefore it's a case of put up or shut up, eBay are judge, jury and executioner in these situations and there's not a lot you can do about it. Grossly unfair though it may be, you are a victim of eBay's bureaucracy and ineptitude that is apparant in so many ways.

They get a lot of flac from manufacturers on the sale of counterfeit items, so rule with an iron fist and without much discretion. essentially if they have the slightest inclination that something might not be genuine then they pull it. Even if you do manage to get an exception made for your item, I wouldn't be surprised if they pull it again through incompetence.