Question about JSA and other benefits

Zazelle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

I was just wondering. I was recently called for a Market research job that last two weeks. I was wondering if I can stop benefits and then restart them when the job finishes? If that makes sense.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi!

I was just wondering. I was recently called for a Market research job that last two weeks. I was wondering if I can stop benefits and then restart them when the job finishes? If that makes sense.

Any help greatly appreciated.

If the work only lasts two weeks, then report the issue to Job Centre Plus, and it is entirely your decision as to whether you sign off benefits, or continue to sign whilst reporting any earnings. Conversely, if you continue to sign on, do the job, and dont report your change in circumstances... then you will be subject to a sanction and possibly a court case.

If the work only lasts two weeks, then report the issue to Job Centre Plus, and it is entirely your decision as to whether you sign off benefits, or continue to sign whilst reporting any earnings. Conversely, if you continue to sign on, do the job, and dont report your change in circumstances... then you will be subject to a sanction and possibly a court case.

Ok, will ask my adviser on Tuesday and see what he says.

If the hours for your temporary job are more than 16 a week then yes you do need to close your claim and then make a rapid reclaim once the temporary work finishes which is available to do online.

At least by signing off at the start of your work you will encounter less of a delay in the rapid reclaim being taken and processed, and also you won't have to complete the clerical forms either.