Fozzy82

Arnold Clark: purchased car with 2 broken alloys are they responsible?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2471 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi a bought a used BMW from Arnold Clark on Wednesday. The alloys were curbed. The guy said if that put me off he'd do something about it. A got a couple of hundred extra for my trade in but it was still less than what I was initially looking for. Anyway I took the car a test drive the Sunday before and the tyre pressure light was on. The car had just been fitted with 4 new run flat brighstone tyre. A was advised this was a common error of a sensor light and he would get it fixed for collecting on wednesday, which was rectified when I collected the car. I put the car into an alloy refurbishment centre on Thursday and when I called to collect the car the guy advised that both my driver side alloys were cracked on the Inside!!! He welded them for my for free but advised that the alloys are non weakened and I should asks Arnold Clark for 2 new wheels as the cost would be over £600. They car was just mot'd and serviced at uncle Arnold before I collected it. Was this an invalid mot that was done with 2 cracked alloys? Am looking for some advise before a give them a call. Thanks

Yes, the MOT would be invalid and although you agreed to buy a car with cosmetically damaged wheels, you did not agree to buy a car with damaged and dangerous wheels.

Take lots of photos - but also you will need statements from the welder and his company.

Do nothing on the phone - and don't get drawn into any delay. Tell them what you want and when you want it by - 14 days and if there is any quibble - tell them that you will sue them and also report it to the police.

Only make these threats if you are prepared to go ahead.

they will try to say that the damage was not there at the time and it was caused by you.

They will also try to say that you agreed to accept the wheels for the extra money on the trade-in.

Your response must be - not true and we'll see what a County Court judge makes of it.

Thanks for your help I'll see how a get one. Cheers

Ah, Beemers and cracked alloys. Sounds familiar

This firm are not responsible for anything except liberating your bank account.

"county court"----reply--HaHaHa, see you in court mate.

Possible action---as previous posters advice, but tell Clark you will report invalid MOT to VOSA

Arnold Shark---Never Again.

Heard loads of stories about BMW's and cracked alloys since a had the prob my self pity a didnt look into it last week. Typical