style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2469 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Bit weird this one.

Have an account that is never used (rarely) that I sometimes put money in to keep it out of the way.

Looked a few weeks ago and £23.14 was taken out. So I called Natwest fraud line who told me it was Moneywarehouse. I have never heard of them so reported it as fraud. Natwest put the money back a few days later (and sent new card) but I looked at the moneywarehouse website.

Very odd - one of these 'fill in one form and search lenders' form but it says they charge £23.14 for the privilege.

I am certain that I never applied or even looked at website.

Tempted to call them and ask for further recompense but not sure.

Anyone have any further details about this or know who they are or how this was possible?

There have been reports of different PDL's sharing info around each other. The first thing to do is issue a FULL complaint with moneylender, and perhaps inform the police as they stole your money. If they obtained your info from another PDL and then used it for self-gain, then its theft and fraudulent use of information and you must inform the police. The correct way to report is is through actionfraud.

Whatever the motivations behind it, you NEED to issue full and complete reports/complaints to the relevant authorities. Don't let this lie, as if they have done it to you, then its pretty much guaranteed they have been doing it to other people as well.

When contacting them, DO NOT PHONE THEM. Keep all communication in writing, so you have a full and complete paper trail should you need to take things further.

One thing i will advise, is to get in touch with trading standards and the OFT.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D