Jump to content

self employed service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

We have a self-employed person (28 yrs old) providing a service for our business. Unfortunately a problem has arisen with this service and we have written to the person explaining this. In way of a response all they will say is that we should not contact them directly but to their representative; the representative is their father. We have so far sent four letters and have received the same response every time. We have also received a letter from the father saying we should address all corrrespondence, referring to his son, to him.


Do we have any obligation to deal with anyone other than the person providing the service.


Any advice welcome. Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you dont have to go through his father but ask yourself whether doing one or the other makes any difference to the service. As the person is self-employed (and making the assumption you are not the only person they work for otherwise it might be different) you are not obliged to use their services and may find it easier to go elsewhere. If it is a sub-contracting issue then again, you may be wise to take a small financial hit and sort it out by using someone else to make good.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...