Car insurance problem - need advice

G.C.C
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this,

i've been having problem after problem since june last year and i really need advice.

It's a bit of a long story, and I will try to get all the facts down, so please bare with me... I will start from the beginning

on June 9th 2012 i was involved in a car crash, another driver pulled out of a minor road (not giving me right of way) into my major road and,

due to there not being enough distance to stop completely, i went into the side of him.

The police were called and there were a couple witnesses.

Off record the police said it's an open shut case in my favor, wasn't my fault at all.

And here is where the problems start.

My car was a write off

my insurers said the would pay out £600 for the car and gave me a courtesy car while the money and crash were being sorted/investigated.

I got my money a week later, and the courtesy car was taken from me.

Now, i had to start getting taxis everywhere due to the fact that, even though i had got my money

(I was to receive my £400 excess 3/4 months down the line)

i wasn't in a financial place to afford a new car and insure it. so i waited for my excess to come throguh

when i got the excess i acquired a new car and got it insured with a different company paying all the costs that it entails.

After a month they called me and said they were going to cancel my insurance because i still have a claim against me..

. I was bemused by this so i got into a 3 way call with my new and previous insurers and found that my crash/claim is still "pending",

and that I cant be insured by my new insurers as its their policy...fair enough...

They then offered me a quote from a sister company at £2500 for the year.

I obviously cant afford this so i tried getting in contact with my first insurers to discuss what had happened with this claim.

It turns out my insurers had paid me the money without getting the money from the 3rd party first leaving the claim open until they recover their costs.

As a small recompense my first insurers allowed my no claims bonus, which after thanking them didn't change anything in price for my quotations,

even from themselves,

im still getting offers of £2000 and above. right, i can not afford this much, the new car i bought is only worth £500

so i have now declared it SORN as i cant get it insured for a reasonable price. And have now gone back to getting taxis.

This is what I need advice on...

surely its not right that I am being eanelised for an accident that wasn't my fault (over 8 months ago),

that I am paying for all these taxis when i shouldn't need to, mostly for work as well.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

is there anyone i can approach to get some financial recompense for all the taxis i have taken over the last 8 months?

is there anything that can be done about this "pending" claim that is a serious financial and stressful thorn in my side?

as all my insurers are doing is sending letters..

. It obviously needs a more direct approach

thank you for taking the time to finish this, any advice would be very welcome

G

• 4 weeks later...

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D