dtlewis28

Holiday entitlement help needed asap please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2466 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello everyone good evening im looking to get some help please with regards to holiday entitlement at work. Well i started my new job on the 10th December 2012 i work 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and every Saturday 8am to 1pm the company holidays run from January to December and nearly all the employees have booked there holidays for the coming year, so today i asked for a holiday form to book my holidays before they all go and i was told that im not allowed to book any holidays as ive not worked enough days to have the time off through the year. I went on to say that surely that's the same for everyone in the company as the new holiday entitlement started on the 1st of january he said its tough and if i wanted the time off id have to go unpaid ???:-x So can someone please confirm where i stand as im so confused

I am a full time employee and not self employed

Thanks in advance

What have they done regarding the holiday that you accrued between 10th December and 1st January I wonder? You begin to accrue paid holiday from Day 1 so (at a rough calculation) you should have received around 14 hours paid holiday before the new holiday year started!!

I fear this will have been lost, however for the year ahead you should be allowed to book holiday on the same basis as everybody else. I can understand if you were trying to take two or three weeks almost immediately, but assuming that you want to spread holiday throughout the year then you should be permitted to do so. You are entitled to 5.6 weeks paid holiday over the holiday year which may include Bank Holidays where those days are not normally worked.

I strongly suggest that you query the process in writing with HR and ask for confirmation of your entitlement and an assurance that you may book paid holiday in advance. Might also be worth asking what is happening about your accrued entitlement for the period worked in the last holiday year - you never know, they might just pay you for it!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Brilliant thanks for your help I will have a chat tomorrow to see where I stand