H Samuel- chasing a refund * pls help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello! This is my story with H Samuel for almost 3 months.

Having bought our marriage rings from H Samuel a few years ago and all was perfect,

my husband bought me an anniversary ring in September 12; a half a carat eternity ring.

Ordered in store and collected it a few weeks later from a different one, the size was small and went back to get it changed.

When we first bought the "small" ring it was on full price, then when we went back to replace it the ring was on special offer.

At this time in store I was told that they will put a new order through at the discounted price and refund the balance..

..i also sent my marriage ring to be resized which costs me £89 and therefore they have refunded the balance on the card paid with for the ring.

Got the ring a few days later, the round metal wasn't polished, it was bent a bit and the diamonds hardly sparkle.

I didn't wear it and sent it back to their warehouse within my 30 days guarantee .

H Samuel confirmed they got the ring and that a refund was made on 17/11.

In December I checked the bank statement and no refund.

I've been calling H Samuel every week since December.

They said the refund was made to a card ending 0000 (non existent) , my card ends with different numbers.

I told them that I never got the refund while they keep insisting it was refunded in the store (never went back to the store for a refund) ,

then on my card, then again in the store..

.the story changes everytime I speak to a customer service' staff member.

The banking department was supposed to look into this and let me know where did the refund go but nobody got back to me for weeks.

It's frustrating that they cannot chase where the payment went ..why does it take the so long?

I really want to take this further as H Samuel complaints dpt are useless..there is noone to talk to that can actually do something.

Need to checl the costs incurred just on the telephone costs as their tel number is expensive...

Can anyone help?

Welcome Alicia. Have moved your thread into the holder.gifRetailers - High Street and On-line Stores Forums .

You should write a recorded delivery letter headed 'Official Complaint' to their head office.

If you really think you are being fobbed off, you can email the big boss - [email protected] - and see what he has to say.

The big boss of Signet is Mike Barnes and the customer services address is

Signet Trading Limited

Hunters Road

Hockley

Birmingham B19 1DS

If you want the group company secretary:

Mark Jenkins

Signet Jewelers Limited

c/o Signet Group Limited

15 Golden Square

London W1F 9JG

Update: I have posted the letters this morning and just 10 min ago got a call from Customer Services saying that there were instructed by the company's head office to refund the amount asap which they did (still need to check the statement in 4-5 days time) and was also offered a gift voucher of £75 as a goodwill gesture.

Happy with the result...i think the email to Mark Barnes has helped.

will keep you updated ..