bellababy

I received a PCN, but it was not me!!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2465 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have received a parking charge notice which states i was parked in an unauthorised area. It is my vehicle reg but i have never visited this city, so it cannot be me. Should i respond and if so how? appeal or ask for photos? I am worried that my car reg is being used by another vehicle!!

Just send them a letter something along the lines:

I acknowledge receipt of your letter. It seems that you have acquired my details from the DVLA and I confirm I am the keeper of the vehicle in question.

However, at no time have I ever visited XXXX and therefore it is impossible for my vehicle to have parked at XXXX.

Therefore I absolutely deny your claim, that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

and then ignore any further letters.

If the PCN has been issued by a private company then it is best to ignore it from the beginning. Let them do the work and waste their money on postage etc.

They can't enforce it anyway so why bother replying to them?

It was issued by a company call Vinci Park services UK ltd

Then you can safely ignore it and any further communication from them,their solicitors etc. etc. etc.

It is not enforceable by law and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

It is a speculative invoice which is designed to frighten you into paying a sum of money to which they have no claim whatsoever.

Thanks for this response, i think i will take your advise as i am not comfortable with just ignoring. In my experience these things don't just go away, even though it would be nice if they did!!1

Thanks for this response, i think i will take your advise as i am not comfortable with just ignoring. In my experience these things don't just go away, even though it would be nice if they did!!1

If you feel you absolutely must do something, write the letter as outlined in post #3 and end it with the the line that "No further correspondence will be entered into".

I think if you look around the private parking forums you will find plenty of examples where the PPC has crawled back under the rock when ignored.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

It was issued by a company call Vinci Park services UK ltd

If this was in Bournemouth then be a little wary. Vinci have done court there successfully. (it will be papers issued at Northampton where bulk handling is done). If not Bournemouth, then you are Ok.

If you can prove your car was elsewhere then you have no problems. But Vinci do do court.

If this was in Bournemouth then be a little wary. Vinci have done court there successfully. (it will be papers issued at Northampton where bulk handling is done). If not Bournemouth, then you are Ok.

If you can prove your car was elsewhere then you have no problems. But Vinci do do court.

Can you post a link to this court action. It will be interesting to see on what grounds they won their case.

Only if there is no defence. I challenged them on behalf of my elderly father who had accidentally parked in a disabled bay as you coudl hardly see the markings. Never heard from them again.

Vinci also do council permit administration and enforcement too - are we 100% definitely sure this is private?

The potential other vehicle element is possibly worth looking at too - but it'll probably turn out to be a mistake...

There is no appeal with a PPC, even if you weren't there.

They will try and make you provide proof that you weren't there when it should be them showing proof that you WERE there.

Ignore.

Twitter - @memgrubb

--

If my post helped - please click the star icon below.