style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, yes im another victim of these people. just wanted to check with all you that this is total tosh and is to be ignored. For a start anyway, we didn't go to this car park until 2:45pm, we know for a fact so the car going in isnt us.! i know exactly what we was doing that day and what times. i was still at home until 1:30pm yapping to a friend on fb! and, you cant even make out the reg!

should i send them a letter saying they cant prove the driver or the actual car reg or just ignore them and any other threatening letters they will send? Many thanks in advance, Amy.

parkingfine_zpsd3bf4399.jpg

I note with interest that G24 invoices do not comply with the BPA code of practice (Not that many companies do) nevertheles the code of conduct specifically states that the charge should be reduced by a minimum of 40% for settlement within 14 days. However I note from the invoice posted above that the charge is reduced from £95.00 to £75.00 for early payment. Now if my calculations are correct this figure represents a 21.1% reduction.

Before anybody shoots me down in flames, I fully accept that when there is absolutely no intention of paying the figures don't make the slightest bit of difference, it does however show how much attention they pay to the BPA.

Definitely worth sending a copy of that silly begging letter to the BPA to highlight the error of this cowboy outfits ways, and that of the BPA, and to BBC Watchdog & the MP for that area and the actual owners of that property. highlighting the error of their ways.

Can't wait to see the next installment of their threat letters.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Don't complain to the BPA, complain to the DVLA (google will get you an email address for Mike Butler at the DVLA)

Apart from the failure to provide a minimum discount of 40% (as pointed out by Crocdoc above) there is also the issue of the 14 day discounted period as follows:-

The BPA CoP Section B 19.7 states that (quote) ‘Prompt payment’ is defined as 14 days from the date the driver or the keeper received the notice.' Furthermore, the Protection of Freedoms Act provides a legally binding definition for 'the date the driver or keeper received the notice' as, '(6) A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered (and so “given” for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4)) on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales.'

Yet contrary to both the BPA CoP and the legal definition of the Protection of Freedoms Act the G24 PCN actually states that the discounted period as being 'within 14 days of the date of this notice'.

Therefore, the standard G24 PCN contains two blatant breaches of the BPA CoP - now if G24 use the EDI to access RK data then operating in breach of the BPA CoP negates the 'reasonable cause' required to access DVLA data.

So please submit a formal complaint to the DVLA incorporating and evidencing those two breaches please (and don't forget to ask for confirmation that G24 have therefore been suspended from accessing RK data)