Parking Eye - Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today 12/01/2013 I have received a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye stating that I over stayed a 2 hour parking by 11 minutes! The car park is for The Range and Halfords Fleming Way Swindon stores I regularly use however, hadn't noticed the minimum stay. If I pay in 14 days by 23/1/13 its £60 as opposed to £100. Basically do I pay it or ignore what seems to be a ridiculous amount of money for overstaying by 11 minutes? They have attached picture of my licence plate arrving and departing.

Many thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions :)

ignore, like has been said enjoy the letters in big scary red bold lettering, keep the correspondence, and I wouldn't bother entering any dialogue with them it only encourages them to write more

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

• 3 weeks later...

I parked in that carpark overnight from 11pm till 10 am and got caught by parking eye with 11 hours which is a bit beyond the 2hrs allowed. Shall i still ignore as i was in the wrong bt it was night time and the shops were closed so i was not effecting any businesses there and did shop there in the morning.

Please reply am concerned over what i should do and the price increases to £100 on fri

Edited by bubble234

I parked in that carpark overnight from 11pm till 10 am and got caught by parking eye with 11 hours which is a bit beyond the 2hrs allowed. Shall i still ignore as i was in the wrong bt it was night time and the shops were closed so i was not effecting any businesses there and did shop there in the morning.

Please reply am concerned over what i should do and the price increases to £100 on fri

As above ignore

Also just received a £100 fine from Parking Eye for over staying only about 10 minutes over the 2 hours. £100 simply cannot be justified when compared to any 'loss' that the car park owner may have suffered by one car overstaying for that time.

Warning signs are all over the car park, but cannot be read from a moving car entering the car park - Parking Eye are extremely devious to do this.

The impact will be on the two shops there: The Range and Halfords. Why would anyone shop at that Halfords when there are others in Swindon ? There are also many alternatives to The Range.

Suggest others make clear they will also avoid that car park, we can then see how quickly the cameras disappear !

Edited by Andrew1996

• 3 weeks later...

I have just received a Parking Charge Notice today from Parking Eye, asking for a payment of £100 (reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days) I was on a car park at night for less than an hour, without obtaining a pay and display ticket. After spending most of the day researching these PPC's, the general consensus is to ignore all correspondence from them. Is this the best form of action?

I have just received a Parking Charge Notice today from Parking Eye, asking for a payment of £100 (reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days) I was on a car park at night for less than an hour, without obtaining a pay and display ticket. After spending most of the day researching these PPC's, the general consensus is to ignore all correspondence from them. Is this the best form of action?

Please start your own thread.

Also click the link on the word - ignore - and see why merely ignoring might not be the best option

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I'm a newbee to these or any other forums, so please excuse me if I'm not quite up to speed.

I too have had several letters from Parking Eye as I overstayed my welcome by 25 mins. I didn't spot any signs either. after a lot of hassle I've actually spoken to Parking Eye. I now have it sorted, thanks to The Range. If anyone needs the Parking Eye telephone number it is as follows:- 01772 450970 or Fax:- 01772 450979 I hope this is of use to some of you :-)

Hi all, I'm a newbee to these or any other forums, so please excuse me if I'm not quite up to speed.

I too have had several letters from Parking Eye as I overstayed my welcome by 25 mins. I didn't spot any signs either. after a lot of hassle I've actually spoken to Parking Eye. I now have it sorted, thanks to The Range. If anyone needs the Parking Eye telephone number it is as follows:- 01772 450970 or Fax:- 01772 450979 I hope this is of use to some of you :-)

How have you got it sorted, what is the outcome ??

• 2 weeks later...
They appear to going to court, if you ignore it, and it wasn't a supermarket car park.

Appeal.

So you mean they will take me to court if I don't pay? It was a car park attached to a hotel & a supermarket

Thanks

So you mean they will take me to court if I don't pay? It was a car park attached to a hotel & a supermarket

Thanks

Ignore it. Or hover your mouse over the word ignore and follow the advice that pops up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 8 months later...
Today 12/01/2013 I have received a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye stating that I over stayed a 2 hour parking by 11 minutes! The car park is for The Range and Halfords Fleming Way Swindon stores I regularly use however, hadn't noticed the minimum stay. If I pay in 14 days by 23/1/13 its £60 as opposed to £100. Basically do I pay it or ignore what seems to be a ridiculous amount of money for overstaying by 11 minutes? They have attached picture of my licence plate arrving and departing.

Many thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions :)

Hi

i received one yesterday at the same car park, from last Monday! i am really nervous about ignoring it, what did you do?

Hi

i received one yesterday at the same car park, from last Monday! i am really nervous about ignoring it, what did you do?

You will be better starting your own thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=88 and telling the circumstances behind it all - there is no one size fits all.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]