• Tweets

• I wonder if anyone can help me. I had a loan with a high street bank from about 10 years ago and I had to stop paying because I lost my job. I reduced my payment to a token payment for a few years but I then ceased this some years ago because I took some advice from an online forum which said that I should ask a ‘Subject Access Report’. I did this and I also asked for a copy of the contract with both signatures which highlighted that myself and the bank had a contract and what its terms were. As the loan was made up of an overdraft and a formal loan I thought they would have paperwork. However, eventually the bank responded by saying that they had no contract and they admitted that as such it was not enforceable in court. Over the last year, the bank have again appointed Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited to use their strongarm tactics. I have not been responding to the last couple of letters asking me to contact them to arrange a payment plan and now their letters are becoming more threatening. Here is the text of their latest letter……. Quote   We are aware that you have failed to agree an affordable repayment plan with us concerning the above account.   As no agreement has been reached we are now in the process of reviewing your account to consider the steps which may be taken in relation to further debt recovery action. The options include recommending one of the following:   ·         1. Continue in our attempts to contact you by letter and phone. ·         2. Instruct a local representative to arrange to call at your home address to try to re-establish contact with you.   To prevent possible further action you must contact us. Failure to contact us by the 22/10/19 will result in one of the aforementioned debt recovery actions being undertaken without further notice.  Unquote As you can see, they are now getting more threatening. I really do not want people knocking at my door – does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to sort this situation? I do not want to pay for something that seems unenforceable but I do not want knocks at my door either. Any help would be appreciated.   Kind regards    
    • Yes it was a tomlin/consent order I have a recent statement its not showing any additional charges on it. The statement does not show the balance to pay each month, as the contract was terminated in March 17 and the termination bill was added to the account so my payments reduce the account balance £14262.38  Capital £6995.00 Interest £7213.38 Plus 3 x £18 charges  I presume if it went to court again I would be notified?    I thought court costs and charges could increase a balance owing but not be included in arrears or court proceedings when listing the amount owing, or am I wrong?    
    • Check to see if they are adding monthly charges inflating arrears as per DX.
    • .So I’ve been at the flat for a number of years , you had to be a certain age back then, now all ages and couples with young babies get put here , first floor , no garden not a good area not so bad either .   ive just had a letter to say I’ve been taken off the list to transfer to a more appropriate home ,  no notice just taken off, council are saying my age group no longer qualify.. I spoke to equality and human rights council they suggested I complain siting The Public Sector Equality Act 2010. ( The General Duty and Specific Duty)  relating to age discrimination.      But I’ve also come across this in LAW Quarterly online Mag.    LHA’s allocation scheme suspending applicant’s ability to bid (R (Alemi) v Westminster City Council) The High Court has held that Westminster City Council’s allocation scheme suspending certain applicants from bidding for social housing for 12 months breached section 166A(3) of the HA 1996 (setting out which groups of people should be given reasonable preference when allocating housing).   Interesting i thought?               
    • so you've had a notice of assignment then?   if so that's rare for nasty west to sell it on they typically litigate themselves so I bet the debt is vastly inflated with penalty charges and the interest they attract.   i'd be sending NW an sar get all the statements. then go thru them with a fine toothed comb.   could be £1000's to reclaim....   pers i'd stop paying   what was the original debt amount and what is outstanding now a bit more info on the history please   dx    
  • Our picks

Happyone111

Parking Eye - Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1745 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Today 12/01/2013 I have received a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye stating that I over stayed a 2 hour parking by 11 minutes! The car park is for The Range and Halfords Fleming Way Swindon stores I regularly use however, hadn't noticed the minimum stay. If I pay in 14 days by 23/1/13 its £60 as opposed to £100. Basically do I pay it or ignore what seems to be a ridiculous amount of money for overstaying by 11 minutes? They have attached picture of my licence plate arrving and departing.

Many thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions :)

You will get beg letters begging you for payment then some in RED INK to scare you

Ignore them they will give up eventually

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

ignore, like has been said enjoy the letters in big scary red bold lettering, keep the correspondence, and I wouldn't bother entering any dialogue with them it only encourages them to write more

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Thanks for the advice guys :-D I will update the thread as it unfolds as I think it would be useful to others in few months to see that the demand letters eventually stop coming - fingers crossed :wink:

Eventually you will probably get letters from "solicitors" .Ignore those too as they are usually from the same group of companies.

and I wouldn't bother entering any dialogue with them it only encourages them to write more

Yea, but it helps with their reading practice, I think they might be on book 3 now. :D

I parked in that carpark overnight from 11pm till 10 am and got caught by parking eye with 11 hours which is a bit beyond the 2hrs allowed. Shall i still ignore as i was in the wrong bt it was night time and the shops were closed so i was not effecting any businesses there and did shop there in the morning.

Please reply am concerned over what i should do and the price increases to £100 on fri

Edited by bubble234

I parked in that carpark overnight from 11pm till 10 am and got caught by parking eye with 11 hours which is a bit beyond the 2hrs allowed. Shall i still ignore as i was in the wrong bt it was night time and the shops were closed so i was not effecting any businesses there and did shop there in the morning.

Please reply am concerned over what i should do and the price increases to £100 on fri

As above ignore

Also just received a £100 fine from Parking Eye for over staying only about 10 minutes over the 2 hours. £100 simply cannot be justified when compared to any 'loss' that the car park owner may have suffered by one car overstaying for that time.

Warning signs are all over the car park, but cannot be read from a moving car entering the car park - Parking Eye are extremely devious to do this.

The impact will be on the two shops there: The Range and Halfords. Why would anyone shop at that Halfords when there are others in Swindon ? There are also many alternatives to The Range.

Suggest others make clear they will also avoid that car park, we can then see how quickly the cameras disappear !

Edited by Andrew1996

Except that it's not a "fine", it's an invoice.

I have just received a Parking Charge Notice today from Parking Eye, asking for a payment of £100 (reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days) I was on a car park at night for less than an hour, without obtaining a pay and display ticket. After spending most of the day researching these PPC's, the general consensus is to ignore all correspondence from them. Is this the best form of action?

Yes, just ignore.

I have just received a Parking Charge Notice today from Parking Eye, asking for a payment of £100 (reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days) I was on a car park at night for less than an hour, without obtaining a pay and display ticket. After spending most of the day researching these PPC's, the general consensus is to ignore all correspondence from them. Is this the best form of action?

Please start your own thread.

Also click the link on the word - ignore - and see why merely ignoring might not be the best option

Hi all, I'm a newbee to these or any other forums, so please excuse me if I'm not quite up to speed.

I too have had several letters from Parking Eye as I overstayed my welcome by 25 mins. I didn't spot any signs either. after a lot of hassle I've actually spoken to Parking Eye. I now have it sorted, thanks to The Range. If anyone needs the Parking Eye telephone number it is as follows:- 01772 450970 or Fax:- 01772 450979 I hope this is of use to some of you :-)

Hi all, I'm a newbee to these or any other forums, so please excuse me if I'm not quite up to speed.

I too have had several letters from Parking Eye as I overstayed my welcome by 25 mins. I didn't spot any signs either. after a lot of hassle I've actually spoken to Parking Eye. I now have it sorted, thanks to The Range. If anyone needs the Parking Eye telephone number it is as follows:- 01772 450970 or Fax:- 01772 450979 I hope this is of use to some of you :-)

How have you got it sorted, what is the outcome ??

Hi everyone

Just received a parking charge notice from parking eye

Just to confirm, if I ignore it, they can't do anything or take me to court?? I was going to just pay it but would rather not if I don't have to!

Thanks

They appear to going to court, if you ignore it, and it wasn't a supermarket car park.

Appeal.

They appear to going to court, if you ignore it, and it wasn't a supermarket car park.

Appeal.

So you mean they will take me to court if I don't pay? It was a car park attached to a hotel & a supermarket

Thanks

There's more chance now than before, but they don't appear to taken any supermarket customers to court.

Appeal, probably be refused, then appeal to Popla, and cite you need proof they have a contract to manage the car park.

So you mean they will take me to court if I don't pay? It was a car park attached to a hotel & a supermarket

Thanks

Ignore it. Or hover your mouse over the word ignore and follow the advice that pops up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Today 12/01/2013 I have received a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye stating that I over stayed a 2 hour parking by 11 minutes! The car park is for The Range and Halfords Fleming Way Swindon stores I regularly use however, hadn't noticed the minimum stay. If I pay in 14 days by 23/1/13 its £60 as opposed to £100. Basically do I pay it or ignore what seems to be a ridiculous amount of money for overstaying by 11 minutes? They have attached picture of my licence plate arrving and departing.

Many thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions :)

Hi

i received one yesterday at the same car park, from last Monday! i am really nervous about ignoring it, what did you do?

Hi

i received one yesterday at the same car park, from last Monday! i am really nervous about ignoring it, what did you do?

You will be better starting your own thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=88 and telling the circumstances behind it all - there is no one size fits all.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]