• Tweets

• Hi Shelley and hope you're ok 🙋‍♂️   Is the respondant an individual, a business, a Ltd Co, etc ? This info may help others advise on how best to enforce the Tribunal award.   Interest  -  it's the award amount of 2,500 times 8% divided by 365 which gives you the daily interest amount, times the number of days.   Or 2,500 x 0.08/365 = interest per day = 55p per day   Or use the factor of 0.00022 to give the same result for the daily rate of interest to add. 2,500 x 0.00022 = 55p per day.
    • receipt converted to PDF and added to last post      
    • Well I really don't know where to begin with this. I've spent hours trying to figure out what to put but it seems that every witness statement is different depending on the exact circumstances. I know that I shouldn't put all my cards on the table but I don't know which ones to hold back and which ones to get rid of altogether.   This is what I have so far...   I, XXX of XXX am the Defendant in this case. I make this statement in support of my defence again the Claimant, Civil Enforcement Ltd.   1.       CEL make it impossible for defendants to discuss PCNs with them or their representatives:              A.       On the 26th Nov 2018 I received an unexpected PCN from CEL. I immediately went onto their “Contact Us” page, which stated that operators are available to speak to during normal working hours (see appendix 1 - THIS IS JUST A COPY OF THEIR CONTACT US PAGE). I tried calling numerous times to discuss the matter but regardless of what time of day I called there was no option to speak to an operator, only an automated system to pay.              B.       When I received a debt collection notice from ZZPS (see appendix 2 - COPY OF LETTER) the letter instructed me to call them on 01932918916.                      14th Mar 2019 - I tried calling several times and have a call recording I can play for the court to show that it was impossible to speak to anyone. Instead I was played the following automated message: “The party’s call minder belonging to 01473478289 is full and can’t accept any more messages. Please try again later. Goodbye.” The call then hangs up.                     19th Mar 2019 - I tried again at several times throughout the day and this time a message played thanking me for calling ZZPS and asked me to hold. It then rang for 2 minutes before repeating the same message. This happened over and over again. I have two recording that I can play for the court showing this to be true, one that lasted 9 minutes and the other for 10 minutes before each time giving up.            It appears that there is some unreliable call routing in place meaning that I had no way of contacting CEL or ZZPS as they both advise.   2.       CEL failed to produce any of the documentation I requested in writing, which obstructed me from making a decision on how to proceed with this case:             A.       On the 3rd Dec 2018 I completed CEL’s online Appeals Form (see appendix 3 for a saved copy of the submitted form - ATTACHED TO THIS POST). CEL responded (see appendix 4) but failed to answer any question, stating that GDPR prevented them from doing so.             B.       On the 14th Aug 2019 I sent them a CPR 31.14 Request letter (see appendix 5). CEL did not respond.   3.       According to Schedule 3, Part 1, Class 13 of The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007, only signage older than 10 years is deemed as having consent granted.   CEL has changed its signage 3 times within the last 10 years, which can be clearly seen from Google Street mapping images:            A.       2018 – Present: Signage stating 1hr free parking (appendix 6a)            B.       2012 – 2017: Signage stating 3hr free parking (appendix 6b)            C.       2008 – 2012: Signage stating 2hr free parking (appendix 6c)   CEL’s current signage was installed at some point during 2018 but according to Stockport Council’s online planning applications search system no planning permission was granted. I believe the signage has therefore been erected illegally, which makes it impossible to enter into a contract with them.   4.       CEL has also added legal costs to their claim, which is not recoverable within the Small Claims Court.   I believe that the following facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.   Have I made a complete balls-up of this or am I going in the right direction? I thought it might work in my favour if I try to show the judge that I made every reasonable effort to resolve this without going to court but CEL purposely make appeals as difficult as possible. Perhaps none of that matters. Not sure. 🤔 Appeal Text.pdf
    • This will be ok for you to offer the final 1 month's fee you should have paid :-   Dear Harlands,   I refer to my membership at [town/city] gym.   The DD mandate was cancelled after the June 2019 payment was made and this was notice of my intent to cancel the gym membership.   I now realise I should have left the DD Mandate open to pay a final month's fee for the notice period.   Please confirm your bank payment details and a reference so I can pay you the £xx.xx to end this matter. I will not pay any admin fees added by Harlands. I will only deal with this matter in writing, not by phone.   My offer is valid for 14 days only and will be withdrawn if you demand any higher amount.   Yours sincerely,
    • seems like your payment issue is not just your error      
  • Our picks

intercityboi

Moorcroft an old Natwest debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2504 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

.A while ago, an old Natwest loan was transferred over to Moorcroft as I had missed several payments owing to personal circumstances.

When Moorcroft contacted me, I registered myself on their internet page and made an offer of £300 per month towards clearing the debt (which is £8.2k).

Personally, I find this to be a more than reasonable amount to have offered.

They have had this payment, for the past 4 months, via standing order and everything has been tickety boo.

However, just before Christmas, I received correspondence from Moorcroft, advising that they had been supplied with information

from credit reference agency CallCredit to advise that my financial situation appeared to have changed and that they would like me to contact them as a matter of urgency.

Now you just know this is not going to tell me that they want to REDUCE my payments, but probably pay more.

Luckily, I am comfortable with paying this amount each month and, as a matter of fact, this will be reduced even quicker as I am paid every 4 weeks,

which means they'll get 13 payments a year instead of 12.

I suppose if they had any sense, they would have cottoned on to this, bearing in mind the date they receive their money changes every month?!?

What I want to know is that if CallCredit HAVE given Moorcroft this information, have they breached DPA rules?

Yes, it is true that I cleared a couple of smaller debts just before Christmas that saved me interest,

but I was more interested in clearing these as I knew that paying off more to Moorcroft would not save me anything,

as there's no interest/charges being added on to the original amount owed.

I find it incredulous that a credit reference agency is, snitching on me for paying bills.

If Moorcroft feel they should be having this money instead, then shall I just stop paying my rent, utlility bills and credit cards as well?

That's a joke by the way, I'm not that idiotic.

After choosing to bin the letters, Moorcroft have now called today and left a voicemail asking me to call them.

What for?

I could understand if I wasn't paying, but I am.

Are these people never pleased?

Could someone please advise on what my next step should be?

Many thanks,

Ross

sounds like there could be more to this story.

does it show on your credit file when was the last payment before morecrap got involved

is there PPI and charges that can be reclaimed

stay off the phone to them

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

and you believe what they say in their letters??

now

what concerns me more here is you are freely paying a DCA

NEVER EVER pay a DCA

have you looked at your CRA file?

is the debt listed?

WHO is shown as the owner?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi welcome to CAG no there is not a breach of the DPA, DCAs and creditors routinely check for ''improvements'' in debtors circumstances.

You are not under any obligation to speak to them or offer them higher payments so ignoe until the start begging letters.

The information will have been provide by a search.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for your replies guys.

They're much appreciated.

I honestly don't know the in's and out's of debt recovery and I decided to come on here as I felt aggrieved that,

a company that I am paying just appears to want more than the fair amount being offered.

I have read a few other threads on Moorcroft and noted that they are rather underhand and that ownership of debts can be questionable and so on.

Should I write to them,

stating that I only want contact in writing and nothing else?

please answer the questions asked

is this debt on your cra file?

when was YOUR last financial in/out before these fleecers spoofed you into paying?

what is the default date on the CRA file?

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

The last payment to Natwest was in December 2011. The first payment to 'bounce' was in January 2012. It was around September time that Moorcroft got in contact. I made the first payment to Moorcroft on 14/09/12 and they have had 4 more since, so £1500 has been shaved off the debt to date. I have not checked my CRA file, how would I do this please?Thanking you for your assistance :o)

Have you checked your credit reference files?

Do you have a copy of the loan agreement, if not a CCA request made under sections 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 can be made, there is a £1 statutory fee and the DCA has 12+2 workink days to comply, use the template from the CAG Library.

To stop calls send this to tThe Compliance Manager at Moorcroft.

Ref: use theirs.

Sir,

I refer to recent telephone contact from Moorcroft regarding the debt I am repaying, please note I will only deal with this matter in writting, and please note I am not prepared to increase my payments at any time.

Recorded delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

sniff sniff something smells here...

why did yu start paying the DCa

fell for a thread-o-gram

dx

spreadsheets 

As I said before,

I really don't have any idea about any of these things.

I know that probably makes me look stupid to others, but in my eyes it's just a case of a debt that's owed and has to be paid and simple as.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be as simple as that does it?

I'm now thinking that Moorcroft may have now shot themselves in the foot,

as if they'd have just kept quiet and been happy with their £300 a month,

then I wouldn't even be on here.

As such, I am now going to be taking your advice and obtaining my CRA and contacting them for confirmation of ownership of the debt!

Good keep us posted please.

Certainly will. I'll be letting you know of further developments via this thread. Watch this space!

As I said before,

I really don't have any idea about any of these things.

I know that probably makes me look stupid to others, but in my eyes it's just a case of a debt that's owed and has to be paid and simple as.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be as simple as that does it?

I'm now thinking that Moorcroft may have now shot themselves in the foot,

as if they'd have just kept quiet and been happy with their £300 a month,

then I wouldn't even be on here.

As such, I am now going to be taking your advice and obtaining my CRA and contacting them for confirmation of ownership of the debt!

no need to contact them [send the cca though]

your cra file will show if thy own it

IMHO your need to SAR NATWEST ASAP.

when did you take this debt out

and how much was the loan for?

still got the agreement?

dx

spreadsheets