Is there life after a settlement!!!!!

Dlr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I've finally been paid up in full, yesterday to be exact. Don't know what I'm gonna do now with all this time on my hands. I've decided to settle my overdraft rather than go on a spending spree and after my donation that leaves me with about £70 and loose change so I'll raise my glass to you all and wish you luck.

Has anyone actually tried for the refund of interest paid? When I rejected their offer of £750 which was more than £300 less than my claim they withdrew the offer and basically said 'see you in court'. This scared me a bit but i had a moments of madness and I told them if I didn't receive the full amount in 14 days that I would initiate my claim and as well as the 8% interest I would be claiming all interest charged over the last 6years at 13% plus the £120 court costs which added another £600 on top. They didn't pay up so I did just that, bringing my claim to £1656.33.

14 days after my MCOL they offered full payment with the confidentiality clause which I crossed out. Yesterday it was in my bank. Happy me........ but gonna be bored.

12th August initial request £1085.16 (Ignored)

2nd September LBA + Schedule of charges

11th September offered £750

14th September rejected their offer and added refund of interest at 13% bringing total to £1656.33

19th September HSBC withdrew offer

25th September filed MCOL for £1656.33

5th October offered full amount of £1656.33

12th October paif in full.

Thanks everyone for all the support and good luck.

i know what you mean - got our money last weekend - put most of it on their lousy loan taken out to pay their lousy overdraft. keeping an eye on the more interesting threads but basically - can't remember what i did before i took on hsbc. guess i'll have to get a life now!

As distatseful as it seems to give them even the smallest amount of money back, at least with a clear accoutn you can sit back in the smug and delighful position knowing they wont get another penny out of you.

I have to say i have spent hour upon hour reading through the various threads, the behaviour of some of the banks and my personal experience of HSBC has left me with a loathing of them.

I point blank refuse to have an account now, it would offend me to have to have dealings with them ever again.

Matress banking for me from now on, at least that way i know exactly what i have got, if i aint got it i cant spend it, if i cant spend it i cant get charged for it.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds early in the morning