• Tweets

• Ok looks like we are going to court. Ive recieved a "Directions Questionnaire" (Small Claims Track).   Obviously self explanatory to fill out but I assume I dont agree to mediation? Will this be frowned upon? Obviously I have no intention of giving them a penny so unless mediation results in them witdrawing their claim I presume I tick no here?
    • Notice of Allocation to smalls claim track ( hearing )     the final hearing is 16th December   the trial fees are non refundable , does not give a date for fees , it says if parties settle before the trial fee id due then the trial fee will not be payable , if a consent order settling the matter is requested after the trial fee has been paid then the consent order fee will be payable .      
    • OK, so Idem has sent back the quickest response in history following the CCA letter from my OH. An envelope arrived today.   They've sent another copy of the original and signed, application form  from 2000 - most  of which is illegible however, husband's name, address and signature is clear - the small writing is very blurry.  They've also sent numerous A4 pages of what they say is the agreement (it's photocopies of what look likes old pages). There's no signature on it. It's just pages of A4.    Does this help us at all??   Also, am I right in thinking that day claim arrived (4th Sept) + 33 days = Monday 7th October, which is when the defence needs to be in by?   Thanks as always.
    • Hello all,    I have received a letter from Advantis in regards to an overpayment of carers allowance I received when I got a job whilst I was caring for my mother. I did not know I had to inform them etc.    Long story short, I had a compliance phonecall with carers and nothing more was said.    I stopped caring for my mum shortly after and cancelled my carers allowance too.    I was employed for 4 months at the beginning of 2018.    Apparently the DWP and carers have sent letters but I haven't responded so they've gone through Advantis to recover the amount owed. I moved house shortly after cancelling everything and had no contact from them at all.    They sent letters to my previous address so they told me that's why it's been passed onto Advantis.    Today DWP told me that the only thing they can do is take payment in full, or deal with Advantis to come up with a payment plan.    I spoke to Advantis who asked me to pay in full or in two installments, I refused and they then said they've put my account on hold for 30 days whilst I go away and work out my monthly income etc so they can go through an affordability assessment to work out how much I can pay back and how often.      What shall I do? DWP tell me there's nothing they can do as it's been passed onto Advantis.    Advantis tell me they are working on behalf of the DWP... Nobody will tell me who owns the debt.     What shall I do?    Thank you all in advance for your amazing help.     
    • Hi, I have just received a pcn from Euro Car Parks saying that my car was in one of their car parks for 13 mins without making a payment. The reason being is that my husband was waiting for me, but where he thought I would only be 5 mins I was longer because of health issues and I had to take a rest. As if this wasn't enough, unbelievably I have just received ANOTHER notice saying I had not paid for a ticket on the 9th of September. I would like to mention the car park charges are so cheap, at £1:20 all day, it would be insane not to pay. We have used this car park only around 4 times and have always paid, excepting th time the car was waiting for 13mins. What a shock I have got receiving these notices. I wonder if I accidentally keyed in my registration incorrectly? Please can someone advise.
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2441 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Im new too all this so please bear with me, i had a default applied too my credit file on the 30/04/2007 if it takes 6 years to be void why is it still appearing on my credit file, this coming april will be 7 years how can i go about having it removed

Many thanks michael

Hello and Welcome michael.

I have started a new thread for you, if as you say the default was placed on your file in April 2007 it will stay there until April 2013.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi maroodevo52,

Thank you for creating a new thread, an for replying.... Do you know if it will automatically be removed on each agencies files or will i need too request that? And will my credit score increase on the removal of the default..

Thanks once again

Is this the only default on your file ?

The default should drop off on the 6th anniversary you should not have to do anything, the Credit Reference Agency's should remove it automatically, I would think if not the exact date then within a week or two. If not removed by then you can inform the CRA'S of this and demand they remove them.

Regarding your credit score I would think it would improve with the default removal but also depends on your credit history with all your other payment arrangements ect,

When you make an application for a loan, credit card, mortgage or other type of credit (such as a new utility contract or mobile-phone account), lenders look at your credit report to work out your credit score.

So check your credit report regularly to make sure it’s up to date and accurately reflects your circumstances. Mistakes can hurt your credit rating.

Lenders don’t expect you to have a perfect credit rating, but they do want to know that you will make repayments on time and that you aren’t already over-stretched.

They do not want to see a patchy credit history that shows missed repayments or bad debts.

Always attempt to pay your bills and make monthly repayments in full and on time. Missed and late payments stay on your credit report for at least three years and may give lenders the impression that you could be a bad risk. If there’s a good reason for past problems — maybe you were ill or going through a divorce — you can add a brief note of explanation to your report.

If you have any unused credit accounts, close them if you’re sure you don’t need them. Lenders can take into account the amount you could borrow, not simply what you currently owe. It’s better to have fewer, well-managed accounts.

Register to vote at your current address, Lenders use the Electoral Roll as a precaution against fraud, to check that you live where you say you do. So make sure you are registered to vote at your current address.

Watch out for unfamiliar or suspicious entries in your credit report, such as an account you didn’t open, a sudden surge in the amount you owe or new applications you didn’t make — they could mean you’re a victim of identity fraud.

Contact the relevant lender at once, explain your position and be prepared to provide proof that you aren’t responsible.

Regards,

Scott

Edited by maroondevo52

Yes its the only thing wrong with my file full stop, my wife an i have just bought a new house, its only if i want too get a credit card, or maybe a contract phone... I would love to improve my score, but the default is my only concern, will there be anything i have too do?

Sorry micheal, I was adding to my post whilst you were answering my first question, I'm in the same boat as you in that I have only 1 default that drops off later this year.

I have never had any problems getting a mobile phone contract, I think different companies use different CRA'S so it's sometimes a bit 'hit or miss'.

Do i need too request it too be removed thanks again

You shouldn't but if it's not removed swiftly by the drop off date you can chase them up.

Thanks man, for the advise, does that mean the debt is over an done with

If your in Scotland and have not acknowledged the debt in writing or made any payments in a period of 5 years then the debt no longer exists, debt collectors may continue to chase you for payment but after you send them a letter informing them the debt is Statute Barred they then must cease all collection activites :)

Will it say status barred on my file, or is that simething i need toi get updated on my fule myself, because i am in scotland an have never acknowledged the debt, btw truly thanks how do you know all this

Will it say status barred on my file, or is that simething i need toi get updated on my fule myself, because i am in scotland an have never acknowledged the debt, btw truly thanks how do you know all this

Hi,

Nothing will show on your file saying the debt is Statute Barred, there's a link here to have a look at, there's a letter at the bottom you can send to anyone who is trying to collect a Statute Barred debt.

Simple contracts such as Loans Credit Cards ect will be statute barred after 5 years, contracs 'under seal' mortgages ect have a 12 year Status.

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/scotland/factsheet.php?page=23_prescription_and_limitation_act

I take it the debt your talking about is a Loan/credit card or similar.