MCS dca threatening me over SB'd HSBC debt

Jonesey81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm 31 and had a HSBC account when I was 18 that I run up £3000 and then moved address,

yesterday I had a very threatening call from mcs,

first they said they needed to confirm my address to deliver a parcel,

this rang alarm bells as I hadn't ordered anything,

the woman then got very nasty and rude she referred to me in my married name when the account was in a different name

and has also called my mother in law, where I have never lived,

please help, is this statute barred?

I have not had anything to do with the bank for over 10 years,

the woman called my landline today too and I told her noone lived here by that name so she said ok ill phone the neighbours,

please help I'm so stressed its making me cry, what do I do?

know it's a different company,

but similar situation I'm new to the site,

I'm 31 and had a HSBCaccount when I was 18 that I run up £3000 and then moved address,

yesterday I had a very threatening call from mcs,

first they said they needed to confirm my address to deliver a parcel,

this rang alarm bells as I hadn't ordered anything,

the woman then got very nasty and rude she referred to me in my married name when the account was in a different name

and has also called my mother in law, where I have never lived,

please help,

is this statute barred?

I have not had anything to do with the bank for over 10 years,

the woman called my landline today too and I told her noone lived here by that name

so she said ok ill phone the neighbours,

please help I'm so stressed its making me cry,

what do I do?

know it's a different company, but similar situation I'm new to the site, I'm 31 and had a HSBCaccount when I was 18 that I run up £3000 and then moved address, yesterday I had a very threatening call from mcs, first they said they needed to confirm my address to deliver a parcel, this rang alarm bells as I hadn't ordered anything, the woman then got very nasty and rude she referred to me in my married name when the account was in a different name and has also called my mother in law, where I have never lived, please help, is this statute barred? I have not had anything to do with the bank for over 10 years, the woman called my landline today too and I told her noone lived here by that name so she said ok ill phone the neighbours, please help I'm so stressed its making me cry, what do I do?

MCS is HSBC DCA, when was the payment/acknowledgement to this debt made? as limitation act comes to mind? let peeps know in details so they can advise next step.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

know it's a different company, but similar situation I'm new to the site, I'm 31 and had a HSBCaccount when I was 18 that I run up £3000 and then moved address, yesterday I had a very threatening call from mcs, first they said they needed to confirm my address to deliver a parcel, this rang alarm bells as I hadn't ordered anything, the woman then got very nasty and rude she referred to me in my married name when the account was in a different name and has also called my mother in law, where I have never lived, please help, is this statute barred? I have not had anything to do with the bank for over 10 years, the woman called my landline today too and I told her noone lived here by that name so she said ok ill phone the neighbours, please help I'm so stressed its making me cry, what do I do?

first they said they needed to confirm my address to deliver a parcel

Get a full complaint in to the DCA and to the OFT. That right there is serious enough to get the OFT involved.

Also reading the rest of the post, they have made multiple glaring violations of OFT guidance and ICO guidelines.

What you need to do is try and calm down. have a cup of tea, and post up as much info about this debt as you can.

The main factors we need are the dates taken out, and the last date you made any kind of payment towards it OR acknowledged that the debt was yours in writing. Also, if you have access to your credit report, can you post the full details about who owns the debt?

By the sounds of it, they are chasing a statute barred debt with menaces. This means you MUST file full complaints as its borderline harassment.

However, before we can be 100% sure, we need the info as described above.

In the meantime, if that silly cow comes back, tell her to sod off or you will call the local police and have her removed for trespass. Dont even open the door to her, just speak through it. Remember, these doorstep collectors have no legal rights at all. They all work on high commission, so they will say and do ANYTHING to get money out of you.

One other thing, if you have a video camera, or smartphone, it is a very good idea to record her actions so you can use it as proof against her.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

get your cra file

check there is no entry for this debt

it is unusual for an in house DCA to chase a known SB'ddebt

just remember no DCA has any legal powers as such

they are NO BAILIFFS.

stay off the phone

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry new to this but am so so stressed and came off antidepressants 6 months ago an dont want to be like that again.

I haven't had anything to do with HSBC or even heard from then since 2001. This woman really spooked me, I have no idea how they could have obtained my details as I have moved at least 5 times since then and have been married!

Should I just keep ignoring them? Can they phone my neighbours? I don't really know my neighbours so I'm not sure they even know my name?

Sorry to waffle on but I'm so worried. I don't want to agree to pay back what I can't afford or even acknowledge the debt if it is going to make the situation worse.

Sorry it was over the phone she said about the parcel, I'm waffling a bit as its shook me up, the account was opened in 1999 and I have had no access to the account or even heard from HSBC since 2001.

I have moved about 5 times and married so I don't know how they have my name or address or even contact numbers.

Thanks for your help!

get your cra file

check there is no entry for this debt

it is unusual for an in house DCA to chase a known SB'ddebt

just remember no DCA has any legal powers as such

they are NO BAILIFFS.

stay off the phone

dx

Please take time to do as above, then we get proper picture? peeps will be able to assist you. all very strange at the moment, and if they contacted neighbours then they would be in serious trouble with regulators.

My cra file shows an outstanding debt to littlewoods which I am dealing with and a council tax debt which is now cleared with rossendales, I know that makes me sound bad, as I was very irresponsible with money when I was younger. However I now have a 3 year old daughter and although money is tight I'm trying to sort my affairs,

If I am correct they can see certain details, maybe addresses? sure somebody will confirm if that is correct? but the main thing is to state where possible the last acknowledgement or payment made, if you look at your file on the MCS (HSBC) CRA file history should be shown click on payments etc should be listed there .?

Ok. Then its statute barred. SImply send a letter to the company she works for using one of the templates from the CAG library. They are then obliged to stop chasing you.

Regarding putting official complaints in, thats completely up to you, and we can help if you want help.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

My cra file shows an outstanding debt to littlewoods which I am dealing with and a council tax debt which is now cleared with rossendales, I know that makes me sound bad, as I was very irresponsible with money when I was younger. However I now have a 3 year old daughter and although money is tight I'm trying to sort my affairs,

what is a ctax debt doing on your CRA file?????

tell us about the littlewoods debt

create a new thread for it too.

dx

and they

Can collection agencies check your details through a credit report? Is that where they could have obtained my details?

as met are the internal DCA of HSBC they have all the details already

i'm surprised they are acting that way.

HSBC would know the debt is SB'd so thus would Met.

you need to complain

or record the next call if you are brave and want to answer it

dx

and they

One more thing, dont let them try to fob you off. Once you inform them of its SB status, it is up to them to prove it isnt. One tell tale sign that they are trying to con you, is if they come back and say there was a small payment made around 2006/2007. Normally in may-august.

Jonsesy.

If you are sure that 1. NO payment and/or no written acknowledgment of this debt has been made in 6 CLEAR YEARS,

Keep it simple send the following by recorded delivery addressed to the COMPLIANCE MANAGER OF THE DCA.

Ref: use theirs.

Sir I refer to the alleged debt for £xxx.xx which you claim is owed by me, please note I do not acknowlege any liability to your company or any company you may claom to represent.

Having researched my credit history and on taking advice on this matter I have concluded any such alleged debt is statute barred therefore I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer of payment.

Should you wish to challenge the status of the alleged debt I remind you that the onus of proof that the alleged debt is not statute barred lies totally with your company and I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance 2003/2012 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

You WILL now cease to process all data relating to me and remove it from your records immediately.

This is my final response.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They do things like this to get you worried

and to stress you out

so that you will make a silly decision to pay

DO NOT LET THEM DO THIS

stop worrying as they can do very little.

here is the sb letter

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

i'd also SAR hsbc and look for PPI and PENALTY charges to reclaim

dx

and they