dancingdogfish

lewis group/cabot doorstep caller

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2501 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Can anyone give me some advice on the following.

I found an envelope through my door with a card inside written/printed with:

the lewis group

For the attention of: Mr. Mrs. Ms XXXXXX XXXXXX

Our representative called today 11-1-13 at ................................

To discuss an important matter with you concerning, Client: Cabot Financial

Account reference number: Outstanding

Please contact our agent on: £825.75

To arrange a convenient date & time for this matter to be resolved.

(NB:Calls to mobile phone numbers are charged to you at your telephone providers mobile phone rate).

Agents Name: Mr O'BRIEN - CALL BACK - TUESDAY - 8AM

It is important to contact our agent urgently to avoid any possible further recovery action.

the lewis group ltd, Phillip House, 123/137 York Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT15 1AB

Registered in Scotland / No. 127043

All of the parts in red were hand written.

I can't even remember what this is for, it has been passed around several DCA's, but has to be at least 5 years old.

Ignore it. If the muppet does come, tell him to bugger off. DOnt even open the door. Just talk through it. If he refuses to leave, call the local police.

Also, that idiot could be breaking ICO guidelines by giving out details a debt when he doesnt know for sure that the person in question lives there.

Can i ask if the envelope was addressed and stamped?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and thanks for the quick reply.

No the envelope was delivered by hand, it was also addressed to me and marked private in the smallest handwriting ever (all words max 1" x 1/8"),

but it was my 80 year old hubby that opened it because he was expecting a hand delivered letter himself.

But as I have never contacted any DCA's, they couldn't even be sure I live here, and the house is rented from my employer.

Then you need to make a full complaint to the DCA's data controller, and possibly to the ICO too.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

and please dont phone the debt collectors, they are very good at scaring you into payments.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Hi,

Please send the following to the Compliance Manager at

the Lewis Group.

Ref: as given by them.

Sir or Madam,

I refer to the visit by Mr XXXXXXX to my home on xx xx xxxxx, please take note I have no knowledge of your company,

although I have now researched what business in which you operate and the unenviable reputation your business practices have earned it, please note I do not acknowledge any liability to your company or any 3rd party you may claim to represent.

You WILL also take note that NO further visits by any agent, representative or employee of your company are acceptable and will be treated as harassment and reports to the police and the OFT will be made regardding th conduct of the Lewis Group.

All contact MUST be made in writting no other method of communication is acceptable.

This letter is sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery and I will trace receipt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If you can't remember what it is for then check your credit file