Help please, JSA stopped with no warning

GMills1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi am looking for some help, my jsa was stopped with no warning.

I recieved a letter 5/01/13 saying i was recently told a decision would be made about a doubt on wether i failed to take advantage of a job opportunity, with an employer i have no recollection of.

Trying to keep this short

1 i had no previous knowledge of any doubt, verbely or in writting

2 I now know it was about a job profile my advisor printed off for me in september, i still have no recollection of this job at all.

3 i had a letter to attend my jobcentre for a meeting on the 5th of november, it didnt say who the appointment was with or what it was about. when i arrived it was not on the system at all so they said they would try and find someone to se me. i saw an advisor who i assumed was just doing a normal job search with me, i was asked about the job mentioned in the letter dated 5/01/13 but as if it were available, i was asked if my own advisor had given me the profile, i said no, no recollection of at all, then we had a conversation about where it was and how to get there, but she then said oh no this job had a closing date on 3rd nov.

4 i now realise the meeting i had on the 5th nov was in fact to question me about that job and i feel amount to entrapment.

5 i also had another job printed off for me on the same day in september which i applied for.

6 i have made a claim for jsa hardship allowance and been awarded it from 8th jan to 18 of march (thats how long they have stopped jsa for) and also had to write a letter asking for a reconcideration and am waiting for that decision.

7 i will have £20 a week to live on for food, gas, electric etc

can anyone advise me at all, what can i do

Thank you

Hi am looking for some help, my jsa was stopped with no warning.

I recieved a letter 5/01/13 saying i was recently told a decision would be made about a doubt on wether i failed to take advantage of a job opportunity, with an employer i have no recollection of.

Trying to keep this short

1 i had no previous knowledge of any doubt, verbely or in writting

2 I now know it was about a job profile my advisor printed off for me in september, i still have no recollection of this job at all.

3 i had a letter to attend my jobcentre for a meeting on the 5th of november, it didnt say who the appointment was with or what it was about. when i arrived it was not on the system at all so they said they would try and find someone to se me. i saw an advisor who i assumed was just doing a normal job search with me, i was asked about the job mentioned in the letter dated 5/01/13 but as if it were available, i was asked if my own advisor had given me the profile, i said no, no recollection of at all, then we had a conversation about where it was and how to get there, but she then said oh no this job had a closing date on 3rd nov.

4 i now realise the meeting i had on the 5th nov was in fact to question me about that job and i feel amount to entrapment.

5 i also had another job printed off for me on the same day in september which i applied for.

6 i have made a claim for jsa hardship allowance and been awarded it from 8th jan to 18 of march (thats how long they have stopped jsa for) and also had to write a letter asking for a reconcideration and am waiting for that decision.

7 i will have £20 a week to live on for food, gas, electric etc

can anyone advise me at all, what can i do

Thank you

You have sufficient time to launch an appeal against the decision. I suggest that, over the weekend, you summarise the sequence of events, including dates, and seek a meeting with a Welfare Advisor or someone in the Citizens Advice Bureau on Monday (as early as possible). They will help you to develop a statement, which should then be sent to the Job Centre (or the address which they gave you), and must be submitted by the date which the Job Centre gave you. They should have given you a leaflet with the letter outlining the appeals procedure.

Thanks for you reply Rebecca, i have a meeting with CAB on tues morning, so am trying to get info together for an appeal. i have given a reconsideration letter into my local office and am waiting for a reply. i have been looking at the amendments for sanctions and it says 4 wks for first offence but mine has been stopped from 18 december and my hardship allowance with a reduction of 40% is awarded from 8/1/13 to 18/3/13. Also this is because i was not actively seeking employment or not available for work, but i did apply for other positions from that same meeting and i know they have checked and told me i did apply for another job, so how can anyone say i was not ASE. i just don't get it.

Thanks for you reply Rebecca, i have a meeting with CAB on tues morning, so am trying to get info together for an appeal. i have given a reconsideration letter into my local office and am waiting for a reply. i have been looking at the amendments for sanctions and it says 4 wks for first offence but mine has been stopped from 18 december and my hardship allowance with a reduction of 40% is awarded from 8/1/13 to 18/3/13. Also this is because i was not actively seeking employment or not available for work, but i did apply for other positions from that same meeting and i know they have checked and told me i did apply for another job, so how can anyone say i was not ASE. i just don't get it.

When JCP originally wrote to you, and advised you that a doubt had been raised, they would have provided a printout of the vacancy that they were talking about. And, at the time of originally being matched to the vacancy, they would have provided a printout with application details contained.

Contact the employer.... speak to HR, and confirm the closing date of the vacancy.

The first i heard of this was when i received the letter on 5 jan to say they had stopped my jsa , it was only when i went to the job centre on tues 8th jan i found out that the meeting i had on the 5th nov 2012, was to ask me about the job, i was not told there was a doubt at any time. The job was printed off in september and my personal advisor does not recall it and told me to say in my reconsideration letter that he thinks it highly unlikey that it was handed to me as i had asked for leaflets on volentary work and also training course, the other job that i had asked to be printed off that day i applied for, that was checked and confirmed, so how do they conclude i am not ASE. i now have a print out of the job, and am not even qualified for it, but if i had been told to apply i would have. The closing date is on the print out and is 3 nov.