marstons - collecting using a television without a licence 'fine'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter today off Marston group.

In this letter it says I owe £215.00 and if I do not pay this in full within the next 7 days they will send bailiffs around to the house to levy distress and remove goods for public auction.

This is all for me apparently using a television without a licence on the 11/09/2012

but I wasn't living in the address at the time I had already moved out

so I believe someone has used my name

please help someone I don't no what to do

I have a 2yr old daughter as well in the house i don't want her going through this!!

I received a letter today off Marston group. In this letter it says I owe £215.00 and if I do not pay this in full within the next 7 days they will send bailiffs around to the house to levy distress and remove goods for public auction. This is all for me apparently using a television without a licence on the 11/09/2012 but I wasn't living in the address at the time I had already moved out so I believe someone has used my name please help someone I don't no what to do I have a 2yr old daughter aswell in the house i don't want her going through this!!

Hi Vikkit92 welcome to CAG,

between us i think we can help you sort this

now does it say which court issued the fine,

as you will need to send proof to the court that you were not resident at the address

so the summons was never recieved, and swear a statuitory Declaration to that effect,

you may have to appeal the conviction though.

as to Marstons,

they will claim they can force entry, and will continue to pursue you until the court calls them off,

but it may be worth contacting Marstons and inform them you were not living at the address at the time of the alleged offence,

and send them proof, and

tell them that you are sending the information to the court that you were non resident so could not have committed the offence,

they will likely say well we will chase you anyway,

this may be useful if Formal Complaints are needed..

Others will no doubt be along with more advice soon

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

No it doesn't say which court it is I can assume it would be one in Oldham somewhere as that is where my previous address was and where this took place it is so frustrating I've never been in trouble over nothing before.

copy of your new tenancy agreement showing when it commenced should be enough to show the Court you were not at the given address on the date the fine was issued?

WD

Will be persuasive, if the move is a fair while before the date of any summons. One note of caution, as a conviction is in place, Op may have to appeal the conviction, on the grounds that it is based on False Or Erroneous Evidence, as the Op was not resident at the address on the alleged date of the offence, so therefore cannot be guilty.

Important as the fine is criminal,

Others will no doubt know more,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!