Sign in to follow this  
pcombo

What is a police crime reference???

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2466 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Could someone help me, I was informed on friday that my telecoms company have a fraud investigation and have a crime reference number, What does this actually mean.

Should I expect a visit from the police anytime.

I am quite worried why they have do this when i've not done anything.

Thanks

What it means is that an alleged crime has been reported to the police - who have officially recorded it as a crime report and have allocated a reference number to it.

You should get the crime reference number and then ask the police about it.

Also, you could send an SAR to the Telecoms co for details - although they may try to withhold the information on the basis that there is an investigation underway

What it means is that an alleged crime has been reported to the police - who have officially recorded it as a crime report and have allocated a reference number to it.

You should get the crime reference number and then ask the police about it.

Also, you could send an SAR to the Telecoms co for details - although they may try to withhold the information on the basis that there is an investigation underway

I see, So what will the police do, will they come and question or arrest me.

this has never happend tome and im quite affraid cause im not sure whats going on.

We can't answer your question. Should contact the police and ask them what it is all about.

Sign in to follow this