jim 20

claiming child benefit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2467 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

my son aged 17 left college for no good reason last november, how long can child benefit be claimed after the date he left and should they be informed straight away?

Child benefit ends as soon as your son left full time education and yes, they should have been told straight away.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thank you mad woman, iam still paying child maintenanc, i can take measures now.

If your son registers with connexions then the CHB can be extended. He has to register with them within 20 weeks of leaving college. Get him there ASAP x

scotgal 

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/keep-up-to-date/when-child-aged-16/leave-education.htm as long as a 16/17 year is registered for education in the September then the child benefit will continue to be paid for 20 weeks so usually some time in April the following year and this is the extension period so you mayfind chb can still be received until tis point unless your son has one of the reasons in the link where chb stops immediately. sorry jim 20 you may still be required to continue with the maintenance payments until april

Thank you mad woman, iam still paying child maintenanc, i can take measures now.

I don't understand, surely your son's mother is still having to feed and clothe him?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Yes she does Estell and i dont mind paying, but she never informed them that he left, so i will, apart from that i have our daughter whom she threw out onto the street, so her lover could move in, i pay full whack for our son, she pays 5 aweek for our daughter and i know she is claiming benefits while her lover lives there illegally..i struggle as a working man and she is well off fiddling..i understand your point, but understand how i feel too.

Yes she does Estell and i dont mind paying, but she never informed them that he left, so i will, apart from that i have our daughter whom she threw out onto the street, so her lover could move in, i pay full whack for our son, she pays 5 aweek for our daughter and i know she is claiming benefits while her lover lives there illegally..i struggle as a working man and she is well off fiddling..i understand your point, but understand how i feel too.

I was be a tad miffed too if I was you!

Fair enough, these situations can be complicated and fraught with emotions.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop