Vodafone unfair default **Resolved** (Default removed)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Lee,

I had been a vodafone pay monthly customer since 08/2007 until 08/2011. I had always made my payments on time and never ever missed a payment. When I had reached the end of my contract I wanted to go on to sim only plan. I was not offered a better deal by vodafone so unfortunately I decided to switch service provider. I called the customer service to request PAC, at the time the adviser told me that I will have to give a 30 days notice. I requested the advisor that I have already passed my term of contract and I will not be using the service for the next 30 days period so if the charge could be waived off as I had been a vodafone customer for such a long time and I had also completed the term of my contract. I was told by the adviser that as I had been a loyal vodafone customer and had an excellent payment track record this can be done and the charge will be waived off. I was very happy and so I cancelled the direct debit in good faith.

In november/december I got a call from a debt collection agency that I owed some money to vodafone. I explained to him that there may have been some misunderstading as that charge was waived off and that he should contact vodafone customer service regarding this. I did not hear anything from them after that and thought that the issue was resolved.

Recently I received an offer of employment from a Bank which was subject to credit/reference checks. I gave my current employer notice as I was sure that I will pass both as I had a clean credit/employment history. But to my surprise I got a call from the bank that I have failed the credit checks and that their offer of employment will be withdrawn unless I can prove otherwise. I was shocked by this news and I could not believe it so I checked my credit report with Equifax and again surprised to see a default of £45 had been registered on my file by Vodafone and that was the only adverse information on my account.

So I rang the Vodafone customer service and explained the whole situation to them but although the lady on the phone sounded very helpful and sympathetic but she said that she was advised by the collection department that she cannot help me and that I will have to deal with the collection agency.

I dont know if the company had sent me any written communication because I had moved down south to England in november/december 2010 (was living in Glasgow before where I went to university) and did not update my address with vodafone as I did not receive paper bills so it is possible that they sent letters to my address in Glasgow. I was totally unaware that a default had been registered and genuinely would have contacted vodafone if it was in my knowledge.

I am completely devastated because of all this as I have a degree in Finance and because of this small misscommunication my career can be ruined. I am very stressed and searched the internet to see if there is any way I can get help, and saw some posts where Lee has helped people in unusual circumstances.

I shall be really grateful to you Lee if you could help me out. I am more than willing to pay anything that I owe to Vodafone but don't want to deal with the collection agency and would really appreciate if the adverse information in removed from my file looking at the circumstances. I am sure that being a loyal customer for so many years with vodafone i will not be left in such a mess. Please help!! I feel like crying I really need this job

New thread created to avoid hijacking.

I am sure Lee will pick this up but just to make sure, follow these instructions....

Hi CAG members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] ne.co.uk quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Sorry, did not mean to hijack, but thought that Lee would be able to see my post if i posted in that thread. I have seen here that Lee has helped people in unusual circumstances. So i really hope he can help me. I have also sent the text of this post in email to the web realtion team as advised in ims21 post. Thanks for sharing that!

I am just so devestated because i could never have thought that i would have a default on my file, as i always pay my obligations on time. i was told clearly by the customer service advisor that the charge has been waived off, so i dont really understand that how they can put a default on my file.

Please help!!!!

I

Hi Lee,

Thank you very much in-deed for such a prompt response.

I really hope that the matter gets resolved as soon as possible. I spoke to the bank and it sounds like they may not be ale to hold the position for very long, maybe another week or so.

As mentioned in my post I have already handed in my notice, so if the default is not removed within a week and the bank withdraws its offer of employment i will be without a job. Looking at the current job market it will be really hard to get any decent job soon.

I would again request you to send a sos message to your colleague in the other department to speed things up. I am sure you can understand the gravity of the matter and the reason for my frustration and impatience.

Once again i appreciate your efforts in trying to help me.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...