Spanish Hospital Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In april last year my wife and I were in fuerteventura on holiday for 2 weeks.On day 5 my wife had sickness and diarrhea I got some medicine from the chemist and tried that.It never worked and she was getting worse so I contacted the hotel desk and they sent a doctor.He gave her some medicine and said she had gastroenteritis.The next day she was still getting worse and sent for him again he then reffered hes to hospital.He sent for a ambulence and she was taken to hospital.She was put on a drip for 5/6 hours and had some blood tests done and said it was gastroenteritis.When she left the hospital she still had the sickness and diarrhea.The doctor that was sent for was paid some of the money there and some when we returned home.On return to the UK she went to see her doctor and was rushed into hospital where she was diagnosed as salmonella poisoning.A couple of weks ago I received a letter from the hospital in Spanish but I worked out they wanted about 250 euros I thought it was a mistake as I thought it would be taken care of by the NHS.I got another letter today asking for the 250 euros. I am not going to pay it as she was wrongly diagnosed and I think there was a bit of a hush up there was a outbreak of salmonela in Spain and they wanted to keep this quiet.My wife suffered terribly

for a week because they did not treat her salmonela .Should I write to them and tell them where to go. Cheers

• 5 months later...

Hi sorry for delay I have been ill .The doctor got paid because I had his bill before I left and sent it to my insurance company I had nothing from the hospital and thought it was covered by the E111 card.I saw a article on a online news site that saiad a lot of eu countrys are refusing and are sending out bills to make extra money I just ignored it and have not heard anymore about it.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2333428/Spanish-government-facing-EU-punishment-countrys-hospitals-refused-accept-European-healthcare-cards-used-millions-UK-tourists.html I wonder if I went back to spain and needed tratment it would flag up that I had not paid this bill

I am aware that you say you had the card but did the hospital ask and take the details from your card?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group