Risboro

Parking Notice for Incorrectly Displayed Parking Ticket

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was recently issued with a "PCN" by a 3rd party parking firm responsible for managing the car park at my local train station for not correctly displaying a ticket.

The penalty is £50 if paid within 14 days, increasing to £100 thereafter.

In my view, this is clearly an intimidatory tactic designed to panic recipients into paying up without question.

Despite being able to produce a valid ticket, the firm's appeal process takes no account of this and therefore discriminates against well-intentioned users of the car park who,

unlike deliberate avoiders of the parking ticket fee, have paid the required fee and are still hit with an extortionate penalty.

Having asked the parking firm to justify the level of the penalty in relation to any loss incurred (ie. none), the response was the standard "breach of byelaw 14".

My other point of contention relates to the fact that I purchased the ticket from a rail ticket machine (rather than a dedicated car parking ticket machine)

by the station ticket office prior to entering the car park.

There are no signs by this machine explaining the terms and conditions of car park use, therefore the ticket / contract was purchased without a clear explanation of the t&c's.

The t&c's are only displayed by the ticket machine in the car park itself but the information board is not lit and therefore not clearly visible at the time of purchase (0625).

As for the threat of "debt collection agency", presumably any disputed 'debt' cannot be established unless determined via the courts.

I would be interested to know if these would be considered as valid arguments in this matter

Which Parking Company is it and is this a Parking Charge Notice (AKA "speculative Invoice")?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

read the paperwork CAREFULLY

it is NOT a penalty and [should] not mention that word anywhere.

as for 'byelaw XXX'

the only people that can enforce that are the RAILWAY COMPANY not some tin-pot PPC.

safe to ignore them.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Which Parking Company is it and is this a Parking Charge Notice (AKA "speculative Invoice")?

The company is MET Parking Services, operating on behalf of Chiltern Railways.

My mistake, this is a Parking Charge Notice rather than a penalty

The company is MET Parking Services, operating on behalf of Chiltern Railways.

My mistake, this is a Parking Charge Notice rather than a penalty

Ok...as dx says...you can ignore it.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

read the paperwork CAREFULLY

it is NOT a penalty and [should] not mention that word anywhere.

as for 'byelaw XXX'

the only people that can enforce that are the RAILWAY COMPANY not some tin-pot PPC.

safe to ignore them.

dx

Thanks. My mistake re terminology, this is a Parking Charge notice rather than a penalty notice.

byelaw 14 says that you must pay the appropriate fee in accordance to the terms at the time of issue. You can read this in several ways but the important part is paying the prescribed fee, which you have. Did you tell the company that you have paid the fee? Your posting seems to indicate that you have so the rest of what they say is waffle. If it was a council they would lose the appeal so I wouldnt fret too much about what happens next.

I am a new poster to this forum

I am interested in finding out how you got on with this MET ticket at the Chiltern car park . Can you expand more on which car park site it was?

MET who have been mis issuing incorrect tickets and letters at Chiltern car parks since Oct 2012

and it has resulted in them cancelling a number of tickets .

Which car park was your issued in please?

Thanks