style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

i returned from work today to find my wife very distressed and panicky. We had just had a visit from a Marston Group bailiff.

The name on the letter is for my son who moved out 8 years ago and we have not had contact with since.

He does not live at my house and is not on the electoral register on my address.

I do not know where he is and do not want to know, he has caused my family too much pain and distress!

The fine says client HMCTS South West London and is for £686.67

The bailiff wanted to enter my house to look for my son, my wife refused to let him in.

My younger son was at home and the bailiff assumed he was the person on the letter.

My younger son got his passport and showed it to the bailiff at the doorstep and confirmed his identity.

He said he will come back with an arrest warrant in a couple of day,

I am confused and do not understand my rights.

Should I complain to Marston? What do I do?

Hi and welcome to CAG, contact the court and tell them the named debtor does not live there, and has not done so for 8 years, also that he is not on the register of electors at the address, the bailiff will threaten all sorts to gain entry, but if it is evident the debtor is not resident he should go away. however Marstons are a nasty bunch and may try to say they can take your car etc for the debt in order to make you pay, they don't care who pays so long as someone does.

Technically as it is a criminal fine the bailiff can force entry, but not ad hoc, this is usually where there is a history of non payment of multiple fines, and there would usually be a warrant for arrest out also.

If the bailiff retyrns and tries to arrest one of you call the police and have ID ready, tell him that Marstons would look fine and dandy with an action for wrongful arrest and unlawful detention against them and HMRC if they were silly enough to ignore ID.

When you contact the court with whatever proof you can provide, tell them that a Formal complaint is on the way to them.

Others will know more,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

thanks brassnecked. I am not too clued up to the law but surely they cant clamp or take my car if the debt is not in my name?

Look forward to more replies on this, I will contact the courts tomorrow but to be honest I dont even know who or where HMCTS South West London are.

thanks brassnecked. I am not too clued up to the law but surely they cant clamp or take my car if the debt is not in my name?

Look forward to more replies on this, I will contact the courts tomorrow but to be honest I dont even know who or where HMCTS South West London are.

No they cannot lawfully clamp or take your car for a third party debt, but Marstons have pervious for just this sort of muppetry, one Marstons bailiff forced his way into a disabled woman's house and and pulled her down stairs breaking her leg, for a third party fine on her son who had never lived at the address, and furthermore the fine had actually been quoshed, and removed from marstons but they enforced it anyway.

Do NOT take chances with this bunch, contact court ASAP. Others on here. I'm sure can give better advice than me .

If he does return film him even with a mobile phone to capture all his threats and bluster to use in the Formal Complaint you will likely have to make at some stage, he cannot stop you filming him on your property and you don't need his permission, no matter what threats he shouts at you.

Edited by brassnecked

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

no they certainly cannot!!

its for them to PROVE he is there

even the most basic of check [like voters] will show that

the court will sort it.

IF he comes back

call the police

they will verify it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You should be just fine, oops, you can post on here anytime someone is usually around, above all don't worry, you are entirely in the right, it is the bailiff that had better watch out.

thats what i thought. should i expect a return visit anytime soon? my wife gets really nervous with this kind of stuff and i work long shifts. I've told her dont let him in the house.

They can only call up to 9 PM today, and not tomorrow, if you contact the court first thing Monday, they may then be able to call the dogs off, but as it isn't a debt for anyone in the house i would refuse him entry, he cannot force his way in as he has had proof the debtor doesn't live there.and call the police,

The fine says client HMCTS South West London

have a read of this thread it gives you the address and phone number of the above court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?378105-Marston-Group-unknown-Removal-Notice-on-my-name

Under no circumstances pay the bailiff /marstons they hope if they intimidate you enough you will make a voluntary payment to clear the fine and there fees

if you are worried about them breaking into your home you can send a statutory declaration to marstons and the court a stat dec will cost you about £5/10

hi guys,

i phoned the court today and was put through to a 'collection & compliance center' to lady there could not help.

I then dialed the court again and spoke to a gentlemen in the office admin team, he said by law all i have to do is write to Marston explaining I have spoke to the court and the person in question does not live at my address and nor is he on the electrol list.

Does this sound correct to you guys or did he fob me off?

hi guys,

i phoned the court today and was put through to a 'collection & compliance center' to lady there could not help.

I then dialed the court again and spoke to a gentlemen in the office admin team, he said by law all i have to do is write to Marston explaining I have spoke to the court and the person in question does not live at my address and nor is he on the electrol list.

Does this sound correct to you guys or did he fob me off?

In theory possibly

You could do that but it is up to the court to call marstons off or they will say OK so what we are coming anyway as the court hasn't told us not to. carry on. they will be anxious for you to pay the debt voluntarily,. as they will lose all their fees if the court call them off

tried calling the courts again, not having much luck with them at all. They keep telling me to just tell the bailiff the person named does not live here. I have sent an email to Marstons and will send a letter this eve.