Refinanced loans with PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have loan agrements for all four of these with same lender, statements of rebates when first, second and then third were refinanced - under 1983 regs (we're going back to mid-1990's here) - and have approx date (within 14 days) of final settlement via new loan from a second lender. Due to time etc, we have no actual statements, we don't have statements for bank accounts to show repayments being made (we could try a SAR if really going to be needed, but have not done as yet), but the rebate calcns from the lender and amounts rolled over do broadly tally to estimates made using the loan progression sheets.

Taking the loan 1 settlement figure, I've an approx figure for the PPI rolled into loan 2, ditto into 3 and then 4. I also know the new loan for PPI with Loan 2 itself (and 3 and 4).

When I make my schedule of charges using the single premium spreadsheet, do I do one sheet for all four loans, or one for each - I've read the helpful notes faq etc, but am just unsure on this last stage.

Thanks

That's the sheet I've started. So after end of m9 when Loan 1 was closed off and loan 2 started, I then show 2 *PPI each time, and then later on when that stooped and 3 started 3 *PPI for each repayment and ultimately 4 *PPI?

Yep.

If you want it checked then post up the spreadsheet when you have finished it.

:-)

Thanks for the quick response. Think I'm Ok now. It was just presenting the refinance side in the SOC that I was unsure about. But makes perfect sense, as the later loans were consolidations (no doubt egged on by the lender - have some more cash, spread repayments over a bit longer period , oh don't forget and a great dollop of PPI to run alongside the first PPI while you're at it), and one sheet for PPI is just doing the self same thing.

Yes and it also shows them that you know what you are talking about too.

Refinanced loans form a chain of claims which are all linked and therefore are considered as 1 entity as far as a PPI claim is concerned. This is simply because they are all inter-dependent on each other.

Yes and it also shows them that you know what you are talking about too.

Refinanced loans form a chain of claims which are all linked and therefore are considered as 1 entity as far as a PPI claim is concerned. This is simply because they are all inter-dependent on each other.

Are you more likely to have your complaint upheld if it concerns a chain of refinanced single premium loans?

• 1 month later...

Well, just received the response ignoring all my hard work, and quoting a number about 2/3rds of what I had with no (proper) explanations. Letter already drafted to post tomorow saying in effect "show me your numbers". How can I consider an offer when they make only bland statements about approach etc, and ignore the 20 pages sent to them!!!! If I'm wrong, then I'm man enough to learn if they can point out why etc, but to pluck a number out of the air and say "sign here" is barmy.