timetoshine

Have been without hot water for nearly two months

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2472 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

My partner and I are living in a private rented property which has now been without hot water (not even warm) for just under two months.

We have incurred great expense of having to travel to relatives for our weekly bath/shower and also costs associated with continually boiling kettles for hair washing etc. Now, the problem is that our landlord has messed us (and others) about something chronic. My partner has lost days at work and I myself could well do without the stress at the moment as I am dealing with bipolar.

I have spoken to my family and things have gotten to a stage where I now want to take my landlord to court for damages. I believe that the amount of time that he has taken to resolve this matter is outrageous (particularly given the time of year). This matter has made the property unihabitable.

What is everyone's opinion on the idea of legal action?

Many thanks,

timetoshine

Personally I would give the landlord 7 days to fix it and if not done then warn him you will get a plumber and bill the landlord for the cost.

Have you got a record in writing of your requests about the hot water, is it also heating.

Is it the boiler? when was it last serviced? if gas has it got a gas safe certificate?